Register

Battery life on JELLY BEAN ?

This is a discussion on Battery life on JELLY BEAN ? within the Droid Razr JB General Discussion forums, part of the Droid Razr JellyBean Forum category; Originally Posted by Droidlynnxdoes Maxx has only been off the charger for 4 hours and is already at 30%. Is there something internal that could ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Battery life on JELLY BEAN ?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidlynnxdoes View Post
    Maxx has only been off the charger for 4 hours and is already at 30%. Is there something internal that could be eating the battery such as a wakelock thing or something? My Droid gets alot of ads and i wonder if thats eating the battery too. This battery life is driving me nuts because it should be better than this.
    I agree with TJ 100%.

If you don't mind me asking.... what where you doing with the phone during those 4 hours?

My first guess would be there are too many services running in the background. It might be a good idea to do some house cleaning.... go through and Uninstall every app you don't need,... stock piling your favorite apps in your phone is a bad idea and is usually the very thing killing the battery and the performance.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I Will try that. I was playing my favorite game on Maxx all throughout church as I have a difficult time sitting thru church due to.my condition and I've been under alot of stress and my way of relaxation is playing with Maxx. Yesterday I was so upset with Maxx that I said a few choice words to her and confronted her like a little kid and made her take a nap Whist on the charger. As weird as it sounds I treat my Droids like little kids and when I had my DROIDX I even took took her battery away at night. But my elderly DROIDX that I current have doesn't need her batteries taken away as punishment. Mum hates non removable batteries and she was disappointed when I told her Maxx has an internal battery. I told her I could do a battery pull, but Maxx would have to have major surgery for that. So I'm trying to figure out how to work with a non removable battery. All my previous phones had removable ones. So this is my first Droid with an internal battery. My tablet also had an internal battery but my buttery life is better on it despite it having a 10 inch screen. Sorry for my long post

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Lynn have you tried clearing the cache yet in the phone ?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    This is interesting . I replied to this thread the other day . The next morning at work my phone started getting hot . Looked to see what was causing it and it was Media . I'm guessing I took an app update that wasn't reacting well with the phone. I cleared the cache and it seemed to clear up the problem the phone started cooling down. Good . Well it started to get hot again last night . So said screw it . I wiped the phone last night and started reloading some of my apps. All seems to be good now.

Sadly the solution seems to be a wipe .

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    Did you find out what the culprit was?

The only times I notice my phone warming up is with larger data usage (multiple app updates, downloads, etc). What you are reporting doesn't seem that uncommon, however.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeJamm View Post
    Did you find out what the culprit was?

The only times I notice my phone warming up is with larger data usage (multiple app updates, downloads, etc). What you are reporting doesn't seem that uncommon, however.
    Unfortunately no.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    My new 3rd replacement Razr Maxx HD is getting great battery life...

HD #1 defective microphone as tested by VZW.
    HD #2 random freeze ups, solid blue screen, and lots of random reboots... even after FDR.
    HD #3 so far so good....

uploadfromtaptalk1375537924886.jpg

Ads