Register

Battery help

This is a discussion on Battery help within the Droid RAZR Accessories forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; Sometimes my razr XT912 battery gets heat. But when I took it to the carrier, they cannot find out the problem. Found a battery repacement ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Batman

Thread: Battery help

Hybrid View

Member #

Battery help

Sometimes my razr XT912 battery gets heat. But when I took it to the carrier, they cannot find out the problem. Found a battery repacement here. But I'm not sure whether it's the battery problem or other parts problem. If the battery issue, is it easy to replace it? In fact, I really hope the carrier will change a new one for me.

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Phones get warm when they are used for extended periods of time or when the battery discharges very rapidly. I think this is pretty standard for any phone.
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fury View Post
    Phones get warm when they are used for extended periods of time or when the battery discharges very rapidly. I think this is pretty standard for any phone.
    Really? But what about if it's a little frequently?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    330 times

Re: Battery help

±1 to what Fury says. The phone can get very warm if it is downloading files, looking for location or struggling to maintain a signal connection.

I have felt mine get warm while I'm my pocket not being used only to find it was trying to get my location through gps.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Are you sure it is the battery generating heat rather than just being heated-up by something else? You should first try to establish a cause and effect relation when the "sometimes" happens. For both my old HTC Aria and my current Razr M the worst case heating situation was/is when charging the phone in the car while using the GPS and Bluetooth. Right there you have all the elements that contribute the most to generate heat in a phone, due to the relatively high electrical current going in or out:

- Pumping current in the battery
    - Screen constantly on
    - High processor and GPU activity
    - GPS and Bluetooth on

In cases like this I'd say it is normal to expect the temperature of the phone to raise significantly. The next worst case I have observed is when playing games. Again, the combination of high current drawing on the battery, screen always on (possibly with high brightness setting) and high CPU/GPU activity all contribute to generate heat.
    alinachao and hillmom like this.
    Razr M Stock
    16Gb PNY Class 10 Micro SDHC
    Miztech MZ 521 PDA Leather Holster

Life is too short to own a boring phone...

Member #
    Thanks a lot. I'll find out the problem first before repair it.

Ads