Register

Rezound Reviews

This is a discussion on Rezound Reviews within the Off Topic Forum forums, part of the Off Topic Area category; Just read a couple of reviews of the HTC Rezound on VZW. The screen is the most impressive with the highest PPI of any phone. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jntdroid

Thread: Rezound Reviews

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Rezound Reviews

Just read a couple of reviews of the HTC Rezound on VZW. The screen is the most impressive with the highest PPI of any phone. For the Beats fan its the obvious choice. There were negatives in the performance of the phone and also the bloatware that comes with all vzw phones not to mention eventual poor battery life.

I can understand the lag in the Rezound because although the phone has a dual-core cpu its saddled with bloatware and it must also drive a HD display. The RAZR might not do much better if the screen was a 720p display but the OMAP 4 SoC is more powerful then the Snapdragon S3. At least stock RAZR skin allows for removal of some bloatware and we have root.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I think the main problem with the Rezound was just timing on HTC's part. With the huge press events held for the RAZR and Nexus, it just didn't leave much room for any other high end device unless it had something to really stand apart from the others.

I've always been more of a Motorola fan, but have owned several HTC devices (Incredible, Incredible2, and Thunderbolt).. The thunderbolt was really the only device I was disappointed with.

If HTC would focus on the software and get an ICS release for the Rezound, I bet sales would skyrocket..

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Just saw the rezound at BB. Not as wide as the razr but quite heavier and as tall. The back is texturized similar to incredible. Screen is bright and sharp. Text is easy to read even in preview undoubtedly due to the high PPI display.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    I had a chance to play with one last Saturday and was really impressed. It was fast and smooth and the screen was gorgeous. But as Dan said it was all about timing. There was nothing about the Rezound that made it stand out above the RAZR and Galaxy Nexus. Except to die-hard HTC fans.

Moving to OT

Follow Me

Newport News, VA - (Verizon Wireless Sales)
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I took tons of bloat off my razr.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I gotta admit it's pretty nice on a stock Razr being able to remove some of the bloat, or hide any of it. Heck, the way Android manages memory, isn't hiding all that's really need anyway?
    Venomhatch likes this.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    I gotta admit it's pretty nice on a stock Razr being able to remove some of the bloat, or hide any of it. Heck, the way Android manages memory, isn't hiding all that's really need anyway?
    I agree, isn't it our devices? Last time I checked it was. So why shouldn't we be able to determine what should and shouldn't be on it.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Rezound is still in the running for me but it only has an outside chance. Its plusses are the HD screen, skinnier width, more home screens and pinch preview, removable battery, included earbuds. Its minuses are excessive bloat, brickiness, kinda plasticky/rubbery, mediocre performance, suspect battery life, Beats overrated. The plusses for the RAZR are superb build and design, samoled screen, thinness, rooted, ability to do stock debloat/uninstall, good battery life, mostly AOSP GB and ICS features ie resizeable widgets, camera on lock screen, base platform for ICS ie OMAP/4G LTE, smooth performance. Minuses for the RAZR include excessive width and bezel, tinted screen on angle viewing, mediocre brightness, nonremovable battery, locked bootloader, limited home screens. All in all the RAZR gets the nod.

All we are now waiting for is the Galaxy Nexus.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by equake View Post
    "All in all the RAZR gets the nod."
    I hold true to my guns.

Remove Ads

Ads