Register

Came Back Home To Razr Forums

This is a discussion on Came Back Home To Razr Forums within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; Hey Razr Peeps! It's the Arch....haven't been here since the old old forum from the V3m days. Hacked my very first phone because of this ...

Member #

Came Back Home To Razr Forums

Hey Razr Peeps! It's the Arch....haven't been here since the old old forum from the V3m days. Hacked my very first phone because of this forum. Some might remember I was amongst the scorned Verizon V3m owners who were not allowed to download ringtones on their phone as verizon had that option locked on ALL their devices. Cingular was still independent then, lol. Verizon made me so mad I learned all about that thing and 48 PO'd hours off later, I had Family Guy loading instead of Verizon's startup/shutdown, had Lois on the screensaver on top of the phone...ALL because of the Razr Forums. Unfortunately I didn't get another razr after that - it was that weird period when Android was coming on the scene and I switched carriers and fell in love temporarily with the old Nokia Xpressmusic and then got my first android HTC Glacier. I also got the hell away from VZW and on to the GSM heaven.

Well...I needed a new phone. VZW and I have a prepaid divorce peace as traveling with work Verizon will work in the dung places nobody else's phones will. So we came back together and they have a decent prepaid plan for a smartphone. Off contract plus Kyocera and their insistence not to unlock their bootloader on their Hydros, I happened to see this cute little phone that I thought was rugged enough for me, that was a little aged but not ancient like my Glacier. And lo and behold, its a Razr Maxx. Ordered the little guy and he's due here Thursday.

I always liked the Razr, just not the locked down stuff of the provider. I am mad excited to be back over here and unlocking my lil fella and updating to KitKat and throwing a custom rom. Don't know what all is available, but I'm taking these two days to reaquaint myself with the forums. I'm on other forums too, but Razr for me was where it all started. Its changed ALOT, and I can't wait to see how.

I'm back home.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    So, which model did you pick up? The Ultra?

Member #
    I got a Razr Maxx. I don't know if it is the Ultra or the other one yet.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    550 times
    Welcome back.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

Remove Ads

Ads