Register

I'm thinking of upgrading to Droid Maxx

This is a discussion on I'm thinking of upgrading to Droid Maxx within the Droid Ultra and Droid Ultra Maxx forums, part of the Droid Ultra Series category; I have just discovered that my contract has expired a year early but cannot upgrade due to the possibility of my family and I leaving ...

Member #
    Liked
    36 times

I'm thinking of upgrading to Droid Maxx

I have just discovered that my contract has expired a year early but cannot upgrade due to the possibility of my family and I leaving Verizon. we need to let our contracts expire. However I want to stay with the Droid Brand as I am most familiar with it. I am considering ordering a Droid Maxx offf ebay once I can afford to, but need to know if I can unlock the SIM to use on a different carrier in case I have to leave Verizon. I also need to stay with the Droid Brand for reasons that pertain to my disability. I rely on the Droid Brand for alot of reasons including assitive tech. they are the perfect size for me, not too big or too small, unlike samsung or the other brands. I have been very loyal to the Droid Brand and dont want to use any other Brand, as I have no interest in any other brand. Its very special to me. I appreciate any input that anyone has to offer
    Droidlynn X. Does "Droid"

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    I know that there was a "Rogers" GSM version of the Razr & Razr Maxx, but I don't know if they continued it on to the M or HD series. If you are planning on picking up a Maxx, and you know you're switching, you'll want to get the Rogers GSM version. However, I don't know who all it will work under. I'm just not that up on the GSM flavors. I'm sure someone will chime in with that part of the equation. Also, you should consider surfing over to Swappa and comparing the phones to the Ebay prices. I've had some luck using that site recently.

As for leaving VZW, there are quite a few that are jumping ship recently. I tried it out on another service provider, but returned quickly. No provider is perfect, but for me, Verizon is as close as I'm going to get. Good luck!
    Last edited by scottysize; 02-16-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Is there a GSM version of Droid Maxx, and is it under a different name? And does it take a Sim card?

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    The Droid Maxxii I'm referring to is the latest one, not the Razr Maxx or HD. I already have a Droid RAZR and a RAZR HD

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    DROIDs are exclusive to Vzw. There would need to be a hack to unlock the Sim and AFAIK there isn't. Or much interest considering there are. Similar phones out.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    I don't want a similar phone I want a Droid. But right now I can't afford a new Droid. I wish I could. I looked at eBay and Swappa and both are overpriced. My parents don't want me to renew mg co tract in case they want to leave Verizon. I don't want to leave Verizon. I wish Droid was avalible on other carriers. Although when I went to t mobile with my aunt the salesperson said I could use my HD on their network if I switched carriers

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    I also don't want to trade my current Droids in just to get a better one. My Droids mean a lot to me especially my Razr and RAZR HD

Remove Ads

Ads