Register

[APP] Snapdragon BatteryGuru Beta - Saves Battery Life on your Snapdragon Device

This is a discussion on [APP] Snapdragon BatteryGuru Beta - Saves Battery Life on your Snapdragon Device within the Droid RAZR Site News forums, part of the RAZRForums.net category; Snapdragon BatteryGuru (Beta) is a smart little app created especially for devices that has a Snapdragon processor. This includes (but isn’t limited to) the likes ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By wicked

Thread: [APP] Snapdragon BatteryGuru Beta - Saves Battery Life on your Snapdragon Device

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times

[APP] Snapdragon BatteryGuru Beta - Saves Battery Life on your Snapdragon Device

Snapdragon BatteryGuru (Beta) is a smart little app created especially for devices that has a Snapdragon processor. This includes (but isn’t limited to) the likes of the Nexus 4, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid RAZR MAXX, Droid DNA, Sony Xperia Z, LG Optimus G and Samsung Galaxy S3. For a more exhaustive list check out Qualcomm’s website here. The app works by optimizing your device and making subtle changes to your daily settings to enhance battery life. It’s a free app and if you have a compatible phone, you should definitely try it out!

Features:

Snapdragon BatteryGuru (Beta) helps users who use a device with a Snapdragon processor to make significant battery savings. It’s an app you can simply download from the Google Play Store and initiate by opening and starting the app, accepting the T’s & C’s and finally clicking the Get Started tab. As soon as you do this, the app goes into learning mode and you can forget about it altogether.

Over the next few days (it suggests 2-4) it monitors closely how you use your phone and especially what idle apps and actions drain the most battery unnecessarily. When the period is up, it optimizes your device for best battery performance by making small adjustments. For example, you'll noticed that the app will switch off your Wi-Fi connection when you go out in the morning as it knows you only use a mobile connection during the day. Therefore, it prevents your phone from constantly looking for a WiFi signal throughout the day- saving precious battery.

There are plenty of apps in the Google Play Store that promise that they will save you battery life, plus others- like the powerful Tasker, that will let you intricately make battery-saving settings. However, Snapdragon BatteryGuru (Beta) takes all the thought out of this process, making it incredibly easy and efficient.

Usefulness:

If you spend most days away from a charging point and rely on your battery lasting as long as possible, this is definitely an app to try. Even if not, it’s free, easy to set up and ultimately helps extend battery life. If you have a compatible phone, it’s a no-brainer that you should download it.

Ease of Use:

Really simple, as detailed above. Just click Get Started and the app will do the rest for you. Tip: you can get rid of the icon in the top notifications window by unchecking “Status icon” in the Settings menu.

Frequently Used:

The app runs consistently in the background once you start it up. You do not ever really interact with it much after that although there are settings to check out and a meter which tells you how efficiently the app is saving you battery.

Interface:

The interface is nicely designed and, although there are only a few pages to view, it all looks very polished and well designed.

Grab Snapdragon BatteryGuru (Beta) for free from the Google Play Store
    fury, ToeJamm and jwalz like this.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    I may check this out. There are some apps that I don't use often that pull updates and refresh in the background (Gmail). I can't imagine it will save A TON of battery, but I'm sure there's more apps I can find to freeze data on.

Thanks for sharing!
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Hmm I just hit the Play Store link and it says it's incompatible with all of my devices, which includes my Droid Razr Maxx....
    Twitter

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    262 times
    The device needs a snapdragon processor.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Thanks, the Razr Maxx was listed in the OP as a supported device, and it does not have a Snapdragon proc.
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Razr Maxx has a TI OMAP 4430 processor, so no go. Razr Maxx HD has a Snapdragon processor I believe.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Cool thanks for the link wicked.

Razr HD has a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 processor.

The Original Razr has a 1.2 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor (OMAP 4430 as mentioned)

Member #
    snapdragon is power eater? better than omap?

Ads