Register

Help with failed OTA update

This is a discussion on Help with failed OTA update within the Droid RAZR Maxx forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; Noticed I had an OTA update last night 03/16/13 downloaded and tried to install but it keeps failing. I'm on rooted Razr and I selected ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HarleyDude

Thread: Help with failed OTA update

Member #

Help with failed OTA update

Noticed I had an OTA update last night 03/16/13 downloaded and tried to install but it keeps failing. I'm on rooted Razr and I selected survive OTA in superuser as well as I tried the voodoo OTA root keeper. Not sure what is wrong with the install but curious if anyone knows where I can find the downloaded update on my phone so I can try to install manually. I know its probably in cache somewhere but please tell me how to find it specifically. I'm not an expert so please be descriptive with explanation.

Thanks,
    OnTheLevel

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    422 times
    It's in the /cache directory, you'll need a root enabled file explorer to get it, like es file explorer. Unfortunately, if it's failing OTA, it will fail on a sideload. It is failing because you made some change to the system folder, i.e. deleted some bloat.
    I can help you get updated, you'll need to install safestrap 3.11, and make a backup of your stock side install. Then you can replace the system image in the backup wit a clean one, I'll get you the link

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    422 times
    Here's the link
    http://db.tt/c3ZpeCKJ

NOTE: Before you make a backup, go into your rootkeeper and delete the su backup
    Another NOTE: copy the folder with the original backup before replacing the system files, just in case...

Make a Safestrap backup of your stock side, then replace the system files in the backup with these and then restore it to your stock side.

After you restore the modified backup, but before accepting the update, go back into rootkeeper and protect root

Worked for me

One more NOTE:
    It occurred to me you didn't say whether you were on ICS or the X-mas .8 JB build. This will work for the .8 JB build. If you were on ICS, the update file is different. You will need to use the .8 JB to .16 JB update fle. I can get a link for that for you

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    422 times
    Even easier if you're familiar with fastbooting, just fastboot to the new build
    [fastboot] - jb 4.1.2- 98.72.16

Ads