Register

Frequently called numbers

This is a discussion on Frequently called numbers within the Droid RAZR Maxx forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; Has anyone figured out how to delete the frequently called numbers in the lower part of your favorites contacts? I'm getting quite a list down ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Frequently called numbers

Has anyone figured out how to delete the frequently called numbers in the lower part of your favorites contacts? I'm getting quite a list down there and I would like to delete them.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bfederspill View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to delete the frequently called numbers in the lower part of your favorites contacts? I'm getting quite a list down there and I would like to delete them.
    Morning-
    I've been trying to figure it out too...nothing in Setting that I could find ...I'll keep trying

Its Bubba

Wow!
    What A Day Of Fishing...

Its Bubba..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    524 times
    Apparently there is no easy way to do this (from what I've read). The solutions seem to be extreme, such as, deleting the contact you want off the list and then adding them back. Here is a posting and link I found on another forum:

Here's the answer.... there is no easy way of deleting the list. There is a solution but its not practical for everyday use but if for some reason you need that list deleted... here's how:

how do i delete the frequent called list?? - Page 3 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

1) you can wipe the entire phone
    Or
    2) Delete the contact storage - ***this will delete all of your contacts so make sure you have them backed up to Google or some other method***
    Go to Accounts & Sync and turn off contact sync for the Gmail account that is used to store your contacts > Go to Settings... Applications... Manage Applications... All... Contact Storage... Delete data/cache (this will delete all of the contacts from your phone and wipe all call logs, history, favorites, etc... > Go back to Accounts & Sync and turn back on the sync option for your Google Contacts... your contacts will re-populate within a few minutes and the frequently call list will now be erased.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

Member #
    The more I use ICS the more I miss GB.... Wish I never updated....

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    524 times
    One thing that appears to work is to go into Settings/Apps/Contact Storage and clear the data. You will need to sync contacts again after doing this. Also, bear in mind that this will also delete all of your recent calls, missed, calls, etc data.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    bfederspill you will be fine...Change is good...GB you could do this but this is now ICS...

Yes, less hair but nothing last forever...

Now, If you want Frenquently called/Favorite to be removed you have to be Rooted...I purchased an App called 1 Tap Cleaner Pro that does this plus you have other options like Caches Cleaner, History Cleaner,,Call/Text Cleaner

That is the only way to remove what your asking for and what GB does...Of course back to GB...But that was once was...

Its Bubba
    The more I use ICS the more I miss GB.... Wish I never updated....

Wow!
    What A Day Of Fishing...

Its Bubba..

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeJamm View Post
    One thing that appears to work is to go into Settings/Apps/Contact Storage and clear the data. You will need to sync contacts again after doing this. Also, bear in mind that this will also delete all of your recent calls, missed, calls, etc data.
    Also, keep in mind that once you do this, your contacts will be in your trash bin on the verizon wireless site!. I had to undelete all of them and then re-sync the contacts for the backup assistant on both ends. At least in my case.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Luroc View Post
    Also, keep in mind that once you do this, your contacts will be in your trash bin on the verizon wireless site!. I had to undelete all of them and then re-sync the contacts for the backup assistant on both ends. At least in my case.
    Or refuse to use backup assistant and freeze it with Titanium backup if you're rooted.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times

Re: Frequently called numbers

Quote Originally Posted by redtarget View Post
    Or refuse to use backup assistant and freeze it with Titanium backup if you're rooted.
    Redtarget is correct ...V Backup Asst is not my choice for that reason ...
    Its Bubba

Wow!
    What A Day Of Fishing...

Its Bubba..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    524 times
    Since contacts are all on Google, I'm not sure what the purpose of the Backup Assistant is anyway. I have never used it - never saw the point.

Ads