Register

Issue with Swype while charging....

This is a discussion on Issue with Swype while charging.... within the Droid RAZR Maxx forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; I've noticed that while charging Swype is almost unusable! The line squiggles all over the place! Add soon as I unplug it, it works fine! ...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Issue with Swype while charging....

I've noticed that while charging Swype is almost unusable! The line squiggles all over the place! Add soon as I unplug it, it works fine! Anyone else seeing this?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Are you using the factory charger?? This happens when you use the incorrect charger with the device... not all chargers are created equally
    Lead me not into temptation.... cause I probably know about 20 different shortcuts

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    213 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    Are you using the factory charger?? This happens when you use the incorrect charger with the device... not all chargers are created equally
    I agree with you completely. Different chargers with different rates of voltage and amperage can cause some strange problems.

Have you noticed any other issues?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I do have "other" chargers, like one from my old dx... I'll have to pay attention...I have noticed my home screen stops working and had to reboot from time to time too. This happens randomly...

Member #
    I had the same issues one time and it was because of my charger. I threw it away and haven't had problems since.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    213 times
    The one problem with everone going to a standard for the micro usb connector is that it makes it easier to mix and match chargers. The problem is that devices have changed significantly since this standard was put in place and can cause many problems if the wrong ones are used. If you take a 2amp charger from a tablet and use it repeatedly on a phone, it may charge it up... and it may charge it quickly... but I'm almost positive you're going to shorten the life of the battery and possibly damage the device.

The same can be said for using a lower power charger. As long as the device isn't trying to use more power than what is feeding it, it should deliver a slow trickle charge. But if you're device is trying to draw more power than what it is being given there may be problems. One of which could cause damage to the power adapter itself and this could lead to a surge being sent to the device. It could also cause it to charge at varying rates which isn't good either. I love that all of my devices have the same micro USB connectors, but it's also a curse as well.

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    I've never had any issues with using different micro chargers. I know that when most phones were using mini, some Blackberry devices would only charge using a Blackberry charger.

I have a Nook Color, which uses microUSB, but it's got a double length plug, which can provide more power. It won't fit into a phone, but you can charge the nook with a standard micro.

In my house, there is a charger within reach of every place to sit or otherwise occupy, because myself and my two roommates all have several chargers so we spread them out around the house. Both ends of the couch, the chair, kitchen, living room, bathroom (for erm...extended stays), both sides of the bed, etc.
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Interesting . I've been using the charger from my old Blackberry Storm to charge my Razor Maxx . Before the Maxx I used it on my X . No issues with either phone.

Member #
    Thanks for pointing out the connection with charging. Kept me from going insane.

Remove Ads

Ads