Register

Locked out by pattern lock

This is a discussion on Locked out by pattern lock within the Droid RAZR Maxx forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; Hi guys. New member here but have been watching this forum ever since I started thinking about buying a razr. Anyway after the razr maxx ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Locked out by pattern lock

Hi guys. New member here but have been watching this forum ever since I started thinking about buying a razr. Anyway after the razr maxx won out over the 4s for me, I'm having a little issue. I have has the phone for less than a week and the lock screen is giving me issues. Twice tonight the phone told me that I was entering the incorrect pattern. I know for a fact that I was entering the correct pattern. Luckily it did allow main after entering my google info unlike some other cases online indicate. Is this a known issue? Until this gets figured out I will leave the pattern lock off. Pity. I was liking it. Also on a side note, does the known hotspot issue effect Foxfi? How about bluetooth tethering being uh slower? Like less than a mb/s up and down when wifi gets me 4g speeds? Is this normal? Thanks for any help in advance! Andrew

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Unfortunately this is the first time I'm hearing of any issues with the pattern lock. Possibly someone else can chime in, but I am unaware of this being a widespread problem. Do you have any other issues with touch on the screen? It could be that the screen is not registering your touch as correctly as it should. Check to make sure that it is clean, and if using a screen protector you may want to try removing it to see if that helps. Otherwise it could be hardware related and may be worth a call to Verizon.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    288 times
    Unfortunately, I do not lock my phone. I did use the Faceunlock when I had ICS installed, but since I'm back at stock, I just use the swipe method.

Member #
    Thanks for the responses guys. The phone was regisreding correctly. It was showing me the exact pattern that i had set and showing it red saying it was incorrect. I hope that is the only glitch. Love the phone so far. Is it normal for the kernal to use up over 30% of my battery? Under kernal i can see WWF was using 10 hrs of sensor time. I uninstalled WWF and im going to see how it goes. The other thing that i dont like is that the keyboard is not as accurate as my BB Sstorm 2 was. It has no "intelligent" interpretation to detect miskeyed letters. I am horrible with this keyboard which is surprising since it is significantly bigger. Maybe i will try out the one in the store and see if it has the same issue. Thanks, Andrew

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Allischalmers View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys. The phone was regisreding correctly. It was showing me the exact pattern that i had set and showing it red saying it was incorrect. I hope that is the only glitch. Love the phone so far. Is it normal for the kernal to use up over 30% of my battery? Under kernal i can see WWF was using 10 hrs of sensor time. I uninstalled WWF and im going to see how it goes. The other thing that i dont like is that the keyboard is not as accurate as my BB Sstorm 2 was. It has no "intelligent" interpretation to detect miskeyed letters. I am horrible with this keyboard which is surprising since it is significantly bigger. Maybe i will try out the one in the store and see if it has the same issue. Thanks, Andrew
    You need to go into keyboard settings and turn on auto correct, that will fix your problem. You can also edit your user dictionary, have it underline mispelled words, etc. I also didn't realize that auto-correct didn't work until I turned it on.

In ICS you can set how aggressive to change your lettering which is nice.

Member #
    Thanks that fixed the keyboard issue it's much better now. Sorry. Droid newbie here

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Allischalmers View Post
    Thanks that fixed the keyboard issue it's much better now. Sorry. Droid newbie here
    No apologies necessary. Everyone has to start somewhere and asking questions is a good way to learn!

Glad that all has been sorted out!

Ads