Register

razr locked up ? stuck on lock screen!!!

This is a discussion on razr locked up ? stuck on lock screen!!! within the Droid RAZR Maxx forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; good morning all! yesterday when i powered my razr maxx on from overnight charge, i could not get it out of lock screen. i tried ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    34
    Member #
    4186
    Liked
    1 times

    razr locked up ? stuck on lock screen!!!

    good morning all! yesterday when i powered my razr maxx on from overnight charge, i could not get it out of lock screen. i tried to reboot several times to no avail. the damn phone just froze/locked up , after a couple of minutes i noticed the phone started getting very hot( i mean more than it ever had) so i took it to verizon, sales rep guy looked at it and was on the phone with someone for about 30 mins .then he tells this is the best phone out & he or people at verizon & moto have never seen this issue happing on any razr maxx. now im waiting on replacement maxx tomorrow. has anyone else had this happen or know of this happining? ps non rooted & no new apps downloaded.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    570
    Member #
    4115
    Liked
    44 times
    Sounds like things froze up nicely. You did manually reboot? Hold Volume down and power for 10 seconds? Then boot back up?

    I would have gone into fastboot and tried wiping data (when off, power + Both volume buttons together)...only use down volume button to go to "recovery" and then the up volume button. Wait a few and then the recovery will show. Wiping data will clear all downloaded aps and all data.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire
    The GOTSTA Knows of the Razr Forums

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    34
    Member #
    4186
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyfunlove View Post
    Sounds like things froze up nicely. You did manually reboot? Hold Volume down and power for 10 seconds? Then boot back up?

    I would have gone into fastboot and tried wiping data (when off, power + Both volume buttons together)...only use down volume button to go to "recovery" and then the up volume button. Wait a few and then the recovery will show. Wiping data will clear all downloaded aps and all data.
    yes i tried all that , but phone just would not power off or anything it just kept getting hotter. also i when i first powered the on and i was stuck in lock screen mode there was a "no service" at top of screen. i have a family share/unlimited data plan.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    570
    Member #
    4115
    Liked
    44 times
    Well, good you have another one coming over.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire
    The GOTSTA Knows of the Razr Forums

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    34
    Member #
    4186
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyfunlove View Post
    Well, good you have another one coming over.
    yes , should be delivered by 3pm tomorrow. hate not having a phone to use. i still have my droidx, but i heard too much toruble going back to3g from 4Glte. also i refuse to use my partners dumb flip phone. Ha! im giving him my old droidx when he's ready for a smartphone. i dont know of else except seniors that still have a flip phone. oh and him.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    570
    Member #
    4115
    Liked
    44 times
    Just think...you have some time till he keeps asking you for help with his phone...lol Upgraded my mom and have been paying for it since.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire
    The GOTSTA Knows of the Razr Forums

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    34
    Member #
    4186
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyfunlove View Post
    Just think...you have some time till he keeps asking you for help with his phone...lol Upgraded my mom and have been paying for it since.
    thing is ,he has'nt made the BIG leap yet. this would be a perfect time for me to get him started. he,'s been sitting on a free upgrade now for about 2mths now
    i told him that verizon isn't caryring flip phones anymore. LOL. i will probably remove all apps from the Dx and just leave music player + phone to get him started.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    34
    Member #
    4186
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oyeyemi808 View Post
    thing is ,he has'nt made the BIG leap yet. this would be a perfect time for me to get him started. he,'s been sitting on a free upgrade now for about 2mths now
    i told him that verizon isn't caryring flip phones anymore. LOL. i will probably remove all apps from the Dx and just leave music player + phone to get him started.
    oh yeah, he does use my old "droid eris" as a mp3 player. so he does have a lil know how with touchscreens.(screen is cracked, but otherwise works) what a POS phone. it was my first android. i guess it was an OK strater phone.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    136
    Member #
    4739
    Liked
    23 times
    Hey! My 7 year old uses a flip phone! I buy used ones on ebay for cheap since he loses one about every 6 months or so. Him having his own phone is a requirement in my custody papers (don't you love ex husbands?)

    I will take donations if anyone has any laying around, lol.

    But yes, if he finds out verizon does sell flip phones still, let him know they are intended for children.
    "If a man have a strong faith he can indulge in the luxury of skepticism." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    34
    Member #
    4186
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by reallyneatgirl View Post
    Hey! My 7 year old uses a flip phone! I buy used ones on ebay for cheap since he loses one about every 6 months or so. Him having his own phone is a requirement in my custody papers (don't you love ex husbands?)

    I will take donations if anyone has any laying around, lol.

    But yes, if he finds out verizon does sell flip phones still, let him know they are intended for children.
    that's funny! i,ll tell him that. He,s not the least bit ashamed about his flip. by the way that thing has really took a beating, by him being
    a personal trainer. some of his clients come in with the tablets ,ipads etc with their workouts and videos
    , he's unimpressed.maybe i'll get me a tablet with his upgrade. can you do that?

 

 

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Razr Stuck in Fastboot Flash Mode
    By RazrRamon in forum Droid RAZR Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 11:10 AM
  2. RaZr Screen STUCK???
    By B.L.E.A.K in forum Droid RAZR General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 01:04 AM
  3. Locked my Razr...Please help!!!!
    By OnTheLevel in forum Droid RAZR Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 03:27 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 12:09 PM

Search tags for this page

droid razr maxx hd locked up
,

droid razr maxx locked up

,
droid razr maxx stuck on lock screen
,
droid razr screen is locked
,
fix razr maxx stuck on screen
,
motorola droid maxx startup screen locked
,
motorola razr keys locked
,
my phone razor stuck on lock screen
,
razr maxx will not reboot after factory reset stuck on start up screen
,
stuck on lock screen razr hd
Click on a term to search for related topics.