Register

Keep losing data connection

This is a discussion on Keep losing data connection within the Droid RAZR Maxx forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; Anyone else having this problem? I keep losing all VZW data connection. The phone still works, but 4G and 3G just stops working. I toggle ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times

Keep losing data connection

Anyone else having this problem? I keep losing all VZW data connection. The phone still works, but 4G and 3G just stops working. I toggle airplane mode, but that doesn't work. I end up having to turn off the phone and reboot. It's getting real aggravating.

OTA 2.3.6 rooted. Froze a bunch of bloat, but haven't deleted anything. Only froze things that the thread said its safe to freeze. Changed screen events from 70 to 90 per second. Changed system font. Everything else is 100% stock.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    We were having problems before one of the updates that Motorola put out, but I haven't heard of anyone having problems since. Before one of the updates, my phone wouldn't go from WiFi to 3/4G without a reboot and it would take 2-3 minutes to for the data to return when switching from 3G to 4G or vice-versa. It was a real pain, but Moto fixed that. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    213 times
    Been having some data issues the last few days but I've been crack flashing roms again, thanks STG!

With that said, I've also had some connectivity issues on my gnex, so it is possible that Verizon may be having some temporary outages in certain areas.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Mines has been over the last couple days too. Maybe it's that solar storm jacking it all up.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    213 times
    Ahh yes, those pesky solar storms. As an electronics lover, I get chills every time I hear about solar storms.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have had data connection problems off and on with the original and replacements, on my third one. VZW engineers did a status inquiry on my home and work areas to see if the problem was with location. I live and work in 4G areas. They determined that my areas are 'marginally' 4G so the device is alternately receiving/not receiving 4G and searches for the signal constantly. What I'm getting at is your problem may be the signal from the tower rather than your device. Good luck with it.

Member #
    Something similar is happening with my phone as well. I have a white 4g symbol and no connection. I tried enabling data, background data, and making sure that the data saver was disabled. Do you guys even have a white 4g symbol, or no symbol at all? Re-booting my phone solves the problem, but is not ideal. I haven't rooted my phone or added any data management apps.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    My fourth razr (3rd warranty replacement) is coming via Fed-Ex before 3PM tomorrow. Dead battery issues with two of the three I've had. Anyway, connectivity has been an ongoing problem with these from the get go. I found this forum by doing a google search using the words "razr connectivity". If you go to the motorola site and check out their forum, type connectivity into their forum search you'll see thread after thread and post after post. When you get tired of that type in battery.

Member #
    I've had the connectivity issue also. At first I thought it was from downloading some apps off of 4shared but I have all legit apps now and it still occasionally happens. I usually have to reboot to restore the connection. I guess I feel a little better that others are also having this issue. Hopefully someone is working on it.

Member #
    I've also had a similar problem and am fairly certain it is a phone or SIM card issue. My previous phone had perfect data connectivity from home. With the new Droid Razor Maxx I'm going from 4G (about 5% of time) to 3G (about 10% of time) to 1X (about 5% of time) to no signal (80% of time). This is while I'm sitting right next to my wife with an Iphone who has a very strong 3G signal all of the time, so it cannot be a carrier issue.
    It seems to me that either the phone data reception is simply lousy, or I have a damaged SIM (will replace and test) or there is a software problem in the phone. What could be happening is there are 3 competing signals (4G, 3G and 1X) and the phone can not clearly distinguish which is dominant / strongest so it cycles and ends up cutting off all data connectivity.
    In any event, I hope Verizion does something about this soon - I'm close to returning the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads