Register

Locked/Need Pics

This is a discussion on Locked/Need Pics within the Droid Razr M Help forums, part of the Droid Razr M category; What a nightmare! So I lost the phone walking my dog, bought another phone and had this one turned off so my other could be ...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Locked/Need Pics

What a nightmare! So I lost the phone walking my dog, bought another phone and had this one turned off so my other could be activated. Now the problem.....people found the phone but of course tried to unlock it. Since they couldn't, and kept trying, the screen moved to the gmail account which states "To unlock, sign in with your Google account." It will not accept my gmail account information and I really need the pics off of the phone.....there are 279 pics on it! Verizon said they cannot help and can only do a Factory Reset wirelessly since the phone will not accept my Google username and password....obviously that will delete all my pics. Is there a "backdoor" way to get into the phone to get my pics? I simply cannot lose those pics!

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Try to plug it into a computer and if it is on mass storage, simply transfer the files.
    Back to the Droid Maxx XT1080!

Rooted w/ Unlocked Bootloader

#PowerToTheDroid2k15

Forever ANDROID! \( . _ . )

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    I assume you have all the pics on the Internal storage? Although it is not going to help in your current situation (I believe Aaron suggestion should work, unless the multiple attempt to unlock the phone triggered a safety that would prevent access via computer to Internal storage), I suggest you change the camera settings in your new phone to have the pictures saved on your uSD card.

Not only it would help if something like this happens again (just extract the card and put it in a reader), but it would protect them should you need to do a FDR.
    Droid Turbo
    32Gb, Metallic Black
    Cimo Wave Slim TPU Soft Case Black

Razr M Rooted
    16Gb PNY Class 10 Micro SDHC
    Fosmon DURA S Series TPU Case Black
    Miztech MZ 521 PDA Leather Holster

Life is too short to own a boring phone...

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    I would also suggest installing an app like Dropbox or Copy that has free cloud backup of photos. Both are free and are a "set it and forget it" type of app.

The forum doesn't allow referral links to be posted, but let me know if you (or anyone else) are interested and I can PM you a referral link for Copy, which gets you an extra 5gb of space for free.
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have tried multiple times plugging it into the computer as I always did to transfer pics but since the phone is locked, the model comes up under the C: drive (XT907) but nothing happens at all when I click on it. Verizon said you have to have the phone unlocked in order for it to show all of the files on the phone when using Windows Explorer. It's my gf's phone and we just don't understand why it won't accept the username and password for the Google account.....the account is used every day but for some reason the phone will not accept it and let us into the phone. I told her to get an sd card in it and we use Google + for the photo/video backup but it didn't work for some reason even though the WiFi is always on when at home! I took the phone apart, hoping, there was an internal sd card for the memory but there isn't, just some kind of memory block that is soldiered to the mother board

Remove Ads

Ads