Register

Just got myself a Droid Turbo

This is a discussion on Just got myself a Droid Turbo within the Droid Razr M General Discussion forums, part of the Droid Razr M category; Hello fellow Razrites, after almost three years of blissful and trouble free relationship with my Razr M, I decided to move on to the newer ...

Member #
    Liked
    74 times

Just got myself a Droid Turbo

Hello fellow Razrites,

after almost three years of blissful and trouble free relationship with my Razr M, I decided to move on to the newer Droid Turbo. I have had it for a few days now and so far so good. I wish Moto had been able to pack a battery larger than the 2000mAh one of the Razr M in a new phone of similar size. The only alternative is the Droid Mini, but with the same battery capacity as the Razr M and a faster processor I was afraid I could not get the stellar performance of the M.

The Turbo is bigger, but not as humongous as other phones. Now that I have tried it, I believe this is the largest size I will want to go for a smartphone. Time will tell

For you excellent admins: any plan to add a Turbo section to this forum, as it has been done for the Ultra series? If not, any recommendation for a forum as good as this one? (I know, VERY tough act to follow!!)

I am keeping the Razr M, so I will continue to hang out here, but it'd be nice to find a watering hole as friendly and as technically savvy as this one for the Turbo.
    Droid Turbo
    32Gb, Metallic Black
    Cimo Wave Slim TPU Soft Case Black

Razr M Rooted
    16Gb PNY Class 10 Micro SDHC
    Fosmon DURA S Series TPU Case Black
    Miztech MZ 521 PDA Leather Holster

Life is too short to own a boring phone...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Well... our sister site, DroidForums, has a Turbo section, but since it came out last year and we haven't added one, I'm thinking we won't be adding the new section. lol

Congrates on the new Moto. I tried it for a few weeks last year, but didn't like it. I ended up going back to the G3.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Thanks Scotty, I will have a look at the DroidForums. I have already registered on the Motorola forum for the Turbo on their web site. Figured I'd start at the source...

Coming from the Razr M, which I really liked and still like a lot, the Turbo feels an improvement for sure hardware-wise. Basically twice the battery capacity, larger screen, higher pixel density, better color rendition (in comparison the M has a slight greenish tint. Not sure if it is the AMOLED display deteriorating over time, though), four times the internal storage, quad core at higher clock, etc. It is bigger than the M, but not overly so, I can still easily operate it with one hand.

Got mixed feelings about Lollipop 5.1 vs. Kitkat 4.4.4. It seems to me many changes have been made just for the sake of change. It could just be the way Motorola/Verizon "ported" Lollipop to the Turbo.

Once thing that I find annoying is that most of the backgrounds are now white as opposed to black. It seems plain silly in a phone with a AMOLED display...

A friend of mine at work has a S4 which got the 5.01 update and it definitely looks way different, but that is mainly because of the TouchWiz interface, which I am not fond of.

I am curious to see how Lollipop is on one of the Nexus phones, to have a "reference".
    Last edited by Batman; 07-08-2015 at 01:14 PM.
    Droid Turbo
    32Gb, Metallic Black

Razr M Rooted

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    The app drawer is white because of an update to the Google Search app. The Google Now Launcher is basically tied to that app. After Lollipop was released, the Google app bundled in it was the newer version, and the app drawer for the Google Now launcher became white. So white is the default now for all 5.0+

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Congrats on the new Droid. Hope you enjoy it
    Droidlynn X. Does "Droid"

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    I am sure enjoying the phone, but the other forum is not as fun as this one
    Droid Turbo
    32Gb, Metallic Black

Razr M Rooted

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    I am on the other forum, Droid forums, I think. I honestly don't think they are as friendly as here.
    Droidlynn X. Does "Droid"

Remove Ads

Ads