Register

Google Calendar Sync Issue

This is a discussion on Google Calendar Sync Issue within the Droid Razr JB Help forums, part of the Droid Razr JellyBean Forum category; I have had an issue with my Google calendar which I was hoping the new update would remedy but did not... When I bought my ...

Member #

Google Calendar Sync Issue

I have had an issue with my Google calendar which I was hoping the new update would remedy but did not... When I bought my phone a year ago, I loaded my google account on the phone and noticed that it did not sync calendar entries older than 30 days. I regularly need to reference older entries for my job. Level 3 Motorola support said this was a known bug and that it would be repaired soon. The only fix they could recommend was to go in and make a minor change on the google calendar on my computer to each calendar entry. I went back three years and added a period after each entry and they did populate to my phone. Not ideal but it worked. I just downloaded the latest system update and not only did it not fix the problem, it erased all my calendar entries older that 30 days once again. The google calendar syncs at it should on my office computers, laptop and iPad but not on my phone. I am ready to ditch this phone, but I love it otherwise. Anyone have any suggestions?

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Have you checked your settings on the Google Calendar website? I feel like I remember seeing a setting in there somewhere that can delete entries older than a specified number of days. May not be the phones fault.

You may also want to look into something like If This Then That (IFTT), which can use a variety of inputs and outputs to manage A LOT of stuff. Not certain, but it may be able to add calendar entries to a spreadsheet on Dropbox/Google Drive for safekeeping, if you can't keep them with Google Calendar.
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I wouldn't ditch the phone. I have a Razr Maxx and an iPad mini. On both devices, Google calendar does not sync more than 30 days in the past. It will sync repeating events on both devices longer than 30 days but not one time events. Therefore it must be an issue with Google. I haven't found any mobile settings on google calendar website that allows for syncing more than 30 days. Are you sure your iPad is syncing one time events longer than 30 past days? My iPad mini does not.
    Last edited by dr_edwards; 03-20-2013 at 10:33 AM.
    Getting the most Maxx for the $$$

Member #
    Ever since the upgrade 2 weeks ago I am having the same issue with my calendars. They only sync about 30 days past. Not good since I need to refer to past dates.

Remove Ads

Ads