Register

Battery life on JELLY BEAN ?

This is a discussion on Battery life on JELLY BEAN ? within the Droid Razr JB General Discussion forums, part of the Droid Razr JellyBean Forum category; I always think it's so strange when people have so little time of screen on. My screen is always the top item, with a few ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Battery life on JELLY BEAN ?

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    I always think it's so strange when people have so little time of screen on. My screen is always the top item, with a few hours (5 yesterday) of screen on time.

I use auto brightness, but it just makes me wonder how little others really use the features of their smart phones if their screen is always off and they run for 2 days on a charge :P
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I also use a Tablet and a laptop . Most of the time I'm on my laptop .
    Last edited by 1coopgt; 07-31-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fury View Post
    I always think it's so strange when people have so little time of screen on. My screen is always the top item, with a few hours (5 yesterday) of screen on time.

I use auto brightness, but it just makes me wonder how little others really use the features of their smart phones if their screen is always off and they run for 2 days on a charge :P

The screen is the biggest battery eater...

(Oh, from 1:00 - 4:30, my battery life went down from 90% to 87%, so when idling there is a HUGE battery life savings compared to how things used to be...)

In a way it is strange, but every saved second counts. It's weird having the phone radio on and not seeing the battery life counter drop. Just like getting a car with a much more fuel efficient engine, that stupid little needle never goes down! (I loves it!!)

And, true, under regular app use the savings won't be as prevalent - these changes, while not always significant, do eke out more time. But JB, as an OS, is definitely more efficient... it won't help save battery life for oinky little apps, though...

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    I'm going to try a battery calibration tonight to see if it gets any better. I had (mostly) the same results yesterday as I posted earlier (~20% battery left after ~14 hours of use with 5+ hours of screen on time). I installed GSAM for fun, but I'm currently charging it (phone on) until I get closer to 100% and will power down for the last bit, and keep it off the charger all night into tomorrow.

Hoping to come close to my ICS battery stats: ICS battery life but not sure that will happen.

I think I'm still in the "playing" stage and trying to fix stuff, so I'll have a lot of screen on time. In that test I had 2h42m of screen on time in 33+ hours off charger. In the last two days I've had 5+ hours of screen on time in ~14 hours off charger.

Results to come.
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    I had to plug in today, work threw me a curveball so I'll be away from power tonight, and NEED my phone for work. So I'm charging it up now, hoping it gets to 100% before I leave the office (not likely), but if it's close to 100% I may shut it down and get it to 100% in the car on the drive there.

I was about about 40% after being off charger from around midnight-1am to ~8:30pm. It was at 80% when I woke up, I was on wifi all night but was playing Pandora (it ran for at least 5 hours, it had the "are you still listening?" popup on when I woke up).

Will update with new stats after I can do a full calibration.
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Got the battery juiced to 100%, started calibration again at ~11:30pm CDT.
    Twitter

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    I had great battery life on ICS but it is even better now.

Droid Razr Maxx - Rooted - Stock

Follow Me

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    I had great battery life on ICS but it is even better now.
    Since I cleared the cache on my phone JB battery use has been better than ICS . Battery use on ICS wasn't bad on my phone so that's saying a lot for JB.
    Last edited by 1coopgt; 07-31-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    I'm at 21h15m off charger, 38% battery remaining. Estimated 13h left with the usage average so far.
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    My battery life wasn't quite as good as it was on ICS (10% after 33h15m hours), but my usage habits have changed, and I'm using a different array of apps. This is also a different device, a replacement from Asurion.

I ended up at 2% after 29h15m, shut it down and juiced it up. Screen shots of GSAM and stock battery manager below. Worth noting, Pandora was the top app, and was running for ~12 hours during this test. Nearly all in the background with the screen off, but it was using data the whole time (almost always on wifi).

I would say for me, the battery life is at the very least, extremely comparable.

Twitter

Ads