Register

ics lock screen

This is a discussion on ics lock screen within the Droid Razr ICS Help forums, part of the Droid Razr Ice Cream Sandwich Forum category; I just received the ota update for is and have a question. To my understanding once I hit the power button to unlock my phone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ics lock screen

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    7267

    ics lock screen

    I just received the ota update for is and have a question. To my understanding once I hit the power button to unlock my phone it should bring me to the screen with 4 options. Instead it brings me right to facial unlock. Only twice so far has it brought me to the 4 options. Any ideas on how to fix this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    MN > USA
    Posts
    722
    Member #
    5928
    Liked
    102 times
    Go to settings, security and change the lock method. When I first got up and running on ICS mine was asking for my PIN every time, not the 4 buttons. Realized that there is a setting that overrides the screen off lock mechanism and locks the phone with PIN immediately when you press the power button.

    Check there to see what the settings are and either disable face unlock or change the time, etc.
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    1,858
    Member #
    42
    Liked
    424 times
    It is under settings>security, you'll just need to un-check "power button instantly locks"

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,251
    Member #
    311
    Liked
    117 times
    Moved to ics help sub forum

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,314
    Member #
    5015
    Liked
    550 times
    I don't like the new lock screen. It has added a step to getting to the phone applications. In the past all I had to do was swipe the screen and the phone was active (assuming the lock interval hadn't activated). How I have to press the key and select my next action. To me, it would have been better to keep it simple - with fewer screen contacts.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

    FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Payson, UT
    Posts
    2,202
    Member #
    5849
    Liked
    393 times
    Is there anyway to disable the vibrate when unlocking the screen, I'm just using the slide unlock. the vibrate is annoying.

    Anyone?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Steeler Country
    Posts
    44
    Member #
    6438
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeJamm View Post
    I don't like the new lock screen. It has added a step to getting to the phone applications. In the past all I had to do was swipe the screen and the phone was active (assuming the lock interval hadn't activated). How I have to press the key and select my next action. To me, it would have been better to keep it simple - with fewer screen contacts.
    You don't have to hit the lock then hit the one you want, you can still perform the same motion as before (actually a shorter distance if you think about it). Just put your finger on the lock and swipe right like you did in GB. Whatever direction you swipe to is what it will open. To the right is basic unlock like it always was, and over time its going to be muscle memory to just swipe down for text, up for phone, etc...

    It actually cuts down on the number of clicks if you are unlocking with a specific intent like to make a call. One swipe and you're already in the app vs unlock then select the phone app.
    ToeJamm likes this.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,314
    Member #
    5015
    Liked
    550 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba264 View Post
    You don't have to hit the lock then hit the one you want, you can still perform the same motion as before (actually a shorter distance if you think about it). Just put your finger on the lock and swipe right like you did in GB. Whatever direction you swipe to is what it will open. To the right is basic unlock like it always was, and over time its going to be muscle memory to just swipe down for text, up for phone, etc...

    It actually cuts down on the number of clicks if you are unlocking with a specific intent like to make a call. One swipe and you're already in the app vs unlock then select the phone app.
    Thank you Scuba - I learned something today ( and I'm certain there is plenty more about ICS I don't know yet). So the lock screen is really an improvement now I know how it works.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

    FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,314
    Member #
    5015
    Liked
    550 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Is there anyway to disable the vibrate when unlocking the screen, I'm just using the slide unlock. the vibrate is annoying.

    Anyone?
    Interestingly enough there is an option under "Settings", "Security" to change vibrate under the Screen Security settings but it does not seem to alter the swipe vibration at all. Under "Settings", "Sound" there is an option to turn off the "vibrate on touch" option but this removes vibrate for everything EXCEPT the unlock screen.

    Seems odd that this wouldn't be an option to have vibration quieted.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

    FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

  10. #10
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Payson, UT
    Posts
    2,202
    Member #
    5849
    Liked
    393 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeJamm

    Interestingly enough there is an option under "Settings", "Security" to change vibrate under the Screen Security settings but it does not seem to alter the swipe vibration at all. Under "Settings", "Sound" there is an option to turn off the "vibrate on touch" option but this removes vibrate for everything EXCEPT the unlock screen.

    Seems odd that this wouldn't be an option to have vibration quieted.
    Agreed.

    I simply do not like vibrate on any of my phones. So the first thing I do is disable it.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. razr locked up ? stuck on lock screen!!!
    By oyeyemi808 in forum Droid RAZR Maxx
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 06:18 PM
  2. Razr Pattern Lock Bypass (SECURITY FLAW)
    By flintinatux in forum Droid RAZR Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2012, 05:00 PM
  3. Locked out by pattern lock
    By Allischalmers in forum Droid RAZR Maxx
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 01:38 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 12:09 PM

Search tags for this page

face on and off droid razr mt907
,

how do you change the icons on the slide lock on the droid razr m

,

how to enable lockscreen sound ics

,
how to get motorola razr to stop vibration on lock screen
,
how to ics turns screen off
,

how to remove vibrate ice cream lockscreen

,

how to turn off vibrate on droid razr maxx when you unlock your phone

,

ics lock screen vibration issue

,
keypad unlock code for droid razr maxx
,
no face unlock option razr m
Click on a term to search for related topics.