Register

ics lock screen

This is a discussion on ics lock screen within the Droid Razr ICS Help forums, part of the Droid Razr Ice Cream Sandwich Forum category; I just received the ota update for is and have a question. To my understanding once I hit the power button to unlock my phone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ics lock screen

Member #

ics lock screen

I just received the ota update for is and have a question. To my understanding once I hit the power button to unlock my phone it should bring me to the screen with 4 options. Instead it brings me right to facial unlock. Only twice so far has it brought me to the 4 options. Any ideas on how to fix this.

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Go to settings, security and change the lock method. When I first got up and running on ICS mine was asking for my PIN every time, not the 4 buttons. Realized that there is a setting that overrides the screen off lock mechanism and locks the phone with PIN immediately when you press the power button.

Check there to see what the settings are and either disable face unlock or change the time, etc.
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    424 times
    It is under settings>security, you'll just need to un-check "power button instantly locks"

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Moved to ics help sub forum

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    550 times
    I don't like the new lock screen. It has added a step to getting to the phone applications. In the past all I had to do was swipe the screen and the phone was active (assuming the lock interval hadn't activated). How I have to press the key and select my next action. To me, it would have been better to keep it simple - with fewer screen contacts.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    393 times
    Is there anyway to disable the vibrate when unlocking the screen, I'm just using the slide unlock. the vibrate is annoying.

Anyone?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeJamm View Post
    I don't like the new lock screen. It has added a step to getting to the phone applications. In the past all I had to do was swipe the screen and the phone was active (assuming the lock interval hadn't activated). How I have to press the key and select my next action. To me, it would have been better to keep it simple - with fewer screen contacts.
    You don't have to hit the lock then hit the one you want, you can still perform the same motion as before (actually a shorter distance if you think about it). Just put your finger on the lock and swipe right like you did in GB. Whatever direction you swipe to is what it will open. To the right is basic unlock like it always was, and over time its going to be muscle memory to just swipe down for text, up for phone, etc...

It actually cuts down on the number of clicks if you are unlocking with a specific intent like to make a call. One swipe and you're already in the app vs unlock then select the phone app.
    ToeJamm likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    550 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba264 View Post
    You don't have to hit the lock then hit the one you want, you can still perform the same motion as before (actually a shorter distance if you think about it). Just put your finger on the lock and swipe right like you did in GB. Whatever direction you swipe to is what it will open. To the right is basic unlock like it always was, and over time its going to be muscle memory to just swipe down for text, up for phone, etc...

It actually cuts down on the number of clicks if you are unlocking with a specific intent like to make a call. One swipe and you're already in the app vs unlock then select the phone app.
    Thank you Scuba - I learned something today ( and I'm certain there is plenty more about ICS I don't know yet). So the lock screen is really an improvement now I know how it works.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    550 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Is there anyway to disable the vibrate when unlocking the screen, I'm just using the slide unlock. the vibrate is annoying.

Anyone?
    Interestingly enough there is an option under "Settings", "Security" to change vibrate under the Screen Security settings but it does not seem to alter the swipe vibration at all. Under "Settings", "Sound" there is an option to turn off the "vibrate on touch" option but this removes vibrate for everything EXCEPT the unlock screen.

Seems odd that this wouldn't be an option to have vibration quieted.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    393 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeJamm

Interestingly enough there is an option under "Settings", "Security" to change vibrate under the Screen Security settings but it does not seem to alter the swipe vibration at all. Under "Settings", "Sound" there is an option to turn off the "vibrate on touch" option but this removes vibrate for everything EXCEPT the unlock screen.

Seems odd that this wouldn't be an option to have vibration quieted.
    Agreed.

I simply do not like vibrate on any of my phones. So the first thing I do is disable it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads