Register

How do I remove Facebook from the ICS update?

This is a discussion on How do I remove Facebook from the ICS update? within the Droid Razr ICS Help forums, part of the Droid Razr Ice Cream Sandwich Forum category; Howdy. I saw Facebook on the phone ever since ICS. Which is great, except: (a) it is transferring stuff from my phone (100kb so far) ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

How do I remove Facebook from the ICS update?

Howdy. I saw Facebook on the phone ever since ICS. Which is great, except:

(a) it is transferring stuff from my phone (100kb so far) to itself
    (b) um, I never asked or allowed this app to be installed, so what's it doing on it?

Can these apps be removed or, alternatively, should I see out a custom third party ROM like how I did when I had an AT&T Tilt (a rebranded HTC phone whose custom hacked ROMs did a better job than the official release...)

I did disable the app, despite the warning that other apps might not work properly as a result (huh?), and now the app is totally vanished from my phone. Somehow, I doubt it's uninstalled as "disable" is not the same thing as "remove"...

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Root it

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Ditto. If you want to get rid of fb, which i can understand totally...( honestly who cares if a person went to the store and bought eggs)....the safest bet is to root (for the extended special permissions) and freeze it with an app like titanium backup. There's several apps that do this in the market. Check out Matt's RAZR utilities for root. Its simply, you just follow directions and plug it in to a computer. Open and run the program and "Bam" root city. Someone toss the hero a link please ...
    Here we go... http://www.razrforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062

Another thought, did your razr come with Facebook? I have a stock unrooted razr maxx i just got my wife and i didn't see a fb app.maybe disabled as you suggested. It might be something someone down loaded. Because of this, just try regular uninstall (if it shows up again like after a phone reset )before root.
    But i still recommend root for the greater control and the awesome rom flashing which im am quite addicted to.
    Last edited by popeye; 06-26-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times

Member #
    [QUOTE="Another thought, did your razr come with Facebook? I have a stock unrooted razr maxx i just got my wife and i didn't see a fb app.maybe disabled as you suggested. It might be something someone down loaded. Because of this, just try regular uninstall (if it shows up again like after a phone reset )before root.
    But i still recommend root for the greater control and the awesome rom flashing which im am quite addicted to.[/QUOTE]

ICS comes with FB pre installed. I think the sync problems with Facebook and ICS were fixed with this addition somehow. I've been trying to look into it

Sent from my iPhone RAZR MINN iOS 4.0.4

Member #
    [QUOTE="Another thought, did your razr come with Facebook? I have a stock unrooted razr maxx i just got my wife and i didn't see a fb app.maybe disabled as you suggested. It might be something someone down loaded. Because of this, just try regular uninstall (if it shows up again like after a phone reset )before root.
    But i still recommend root for the greater control and the awesome rom flashing which im am quite addicted to.[/QUOTE]

ICS comes with FB pre installed. I think the sync problems with Facebook and ICS were fixed with this addition somehow. I've been trying to look into it.

Member #

ICS comes with FB pre installed. I think the sync problems with Facebook and ICS were fixed with this addition somehow. I've been trying to look into it.

Sent from my iPhone RAZR MINN iOS 4.0.4

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    Ditto. If you want to get rid of fb, which i can understand totally...( honestly who cares if a person went to the store and bought eggs)....the safest bet is to root (for the extended special permissions) and freeze it with an app like titanium backup. There's several apps that do this in the market. Check out Matt's RAZR utilities for root. Its simply, you just follow directions and plug it in to a computer. Open and run the program and "Bam" root city. Someone toss the hero a link please ...
    Here we go... Root Toolkit for the Razr...

Another thought, did your razr come with Facebook? I have a stock unrooted razr maxx i just got my wife and i didn't see a fb app.maybe disabled as you suggested. It might be something someone down loaded. Because of this, just try regular uninstall (if it shows up again like after a phone reset )before root.
    But i still recommend root for the greater control and the awesome rom flashing which im am quite addicted to.
    I don't recall FB for Gingerbread, but with ICS that big blue icon o' doom became prominently visible.

Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post

Thanks.

It's rooting I shall go, especially if there are no issues with hacking or keylogging with rooted phones...

Ads