Register

ICS running slow? Clear cache partition

This is a discussion on ICS running slow? Clear cache partition within the Droid Razr ICS General Discussion forums, part of the Droid Razr Ice Cream Sandwich Forum category; Maybe its been covered, but I wanted to put this out in case anyone has a Razr running like crap. After the ICS update my ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scuba264

Thread: ICS running slow? Clear cache partition

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

ICS running slow? Clear cache partition

Maybe its been covered, but I wanted to put this out in case anyone has a Razr running like crap.

After the ICS update my phone was great, but over time it was getting really sluggish. I was one step away from making a Titanium Backup and doing a flash but luckily tried a cache partition clear first. It worked like magic. Every time I would unlock it would hang. Opening the browser was slow, just everything was dragging. Now it is fast and crisp. Should have done it right after the update I suppose.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...our-cache.html
    Last edited by scuba264; 09-28-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Does anyone know if there is a way to analyze your cache and figure out exactly why it is slowing down your phone so much?

After about a week or so, my phone just slows to a crawl. Unlocking, loading apps, popping up the keyboard...half the time they will be ok, half the time it just draaaaggsss. Then I boot recovery and clear my cache and it is like brand new. Instant in everything.

I picked up this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....cleaner&hl=en (JRummy always has good stuff) and you can set it to clear your cache on an interval. Only a day or two in but I'm sure this will work fine. But it seems like I'm treating the symptoms and not the cause. I shouldn't have to do this and if I wasn't pretty well versed in software I'd have no idea to do this and would be complaining how crappy my Maxx was. Curious if I can find out exactly why this happens. Some poorly written app maybe?
    ToeJamm likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    475 times
    Scuba - thanks for the app recommendation. I am going to give it a try. I seem to have the same experience as you. If I don't do a regular cleansing and battery pull my phone gets sluggish by the end of the week.

One thing I've noticed is it always seems when I need to use my phone the most there will be app updates automatically downloading in the background. This slows everything down. It seems my only option is to set the updates to manual (labor intensive) or live with it. It would be nice if Google Play would allow you to set up a time interval for updates (overnight would be great).
    Last edited by ToeJamm; 10-12-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

Ads