Register

ICS 211 Root

This is a discussion on ICS 211 Root within the Droid Razr ICS Development forums, part of the Droid Razr Ice Cream Sandwich Forum category; Originally Posted by HarleyDude Many of you know I've been rocking and recommending the .75 ICS leak for a month, it worked so well for ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ICS 211 Root

Member #

thanks bro it worked with ease. im rooted ics 6.16.211 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDude View Post
    Many of you know I've been rocking and recommending the .75 ICS leak for a month, it worked so well for me I saw no reason to upgrade to 211 ICS considering the effort involved. Unfortunately for folk like us, it's quite impossible to resist an upgrade staring you in the face, so I down/upgraded yesterday. Matt's 1.6 utility brought me to 181 with no problems, check for updates found and started downloading 211 OTA. Since no one seemed to have an issue rooting 211 with Matt's 1.7 utility, I did not voodoo.

Not a good choice, I could not root my device. Neither Matt's 1.7 or his 1.6 would root me. I spent a few hours yesterday and finally got my device rooted manually.
    For the few of you who do have trouble with root, I automated the process.

Download the zip and extract all 8 files to the same folder. Connect your phone via USB, try it in MTP mode first. Open the folder and double click the "root211razr.bat" file. Let it run, phone will reboot 3 times, and come up rooted after the third boot. If the .bat file does not work, there is a txt file with the commands and directions for running the exploit manually, run each command and note which command causes an error, and what the error is.

Credit for this goes to Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss), as I am only using the exploit he discovered, and to Matt for his utility that this is based on

ROOT_Razr_ICS-211.zip
    thanks you helped me root my phone for the second time. I had root on 181 but i had to upgrade and i dont have a sd card but i still downgraded and upgraded to 4.0.4 then the search for your very program began and voila i found you and it 3 weeks later and successfully rooted my device. Thanks again i would also like to learn a little about roms stuff

Member #
    [QUOTE="HarleyDude"]Many of you know I've been rocking and recommending the .75 ICS leak for a month, it worked so well for me I saw no reason to upgrade to 211 ICS considering the effort involved. Unfortunately for folk like us, it's quite impossible to resist an upgrade staring you in the face, so I down/upgraded yesterday. Matt's 1.6 utility brought me to 181 with no problems, check for updates found and started downloading 211 OTA. Since no one seemed to have an issue rooting 211 with Matt's 1.7 utility, I did not voodoo.

Not a good choice, I could not root my device. Neither Matt's 1.7 or his 1.6 would root me. I spent a few hours yesterday and finally got my device rooted manually.
    For the few of you who do have trouble with root, I automated the process.

Download the zip and extract all 8 files to the same folder. Connect your phone via USB, try it in MTP mode first. Open the folder and double click the "root211razr.bat" file. Let it run, phone will reboot 3 times, and come up rooted after the third boot. If the .bat file does not work, there is a txt file with the commands and directions for running the exploit manually, run each command and note which command causes an error, and what the error is.

Credit for this goes to Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss), as I am only using the exploit he discovered, and to Matt for his utility that this is based on

ROOT_Razr_ICS-211.zip[/QUOm

Is it possible to upgrade to .211 from rooted .206 ? What should I do prior to that?
    Thanks

Member #
    May be someone can help me. I am running rooted. 206. What should I do to upgrade to ota. 211? I did not receive any upgrade notification yet.
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    219 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobkiser View Post
    thanks you helped me root my phone for the second time. I had root on 181 but i had to upgrade and i dont have a sd card but i still downgraded and upgraded to 4.0.4 then the search for your very program began and voila i found you and it 3 weeks later and successfully rooted my device. Thanks again i would also like to learn a little about roms stuff
    Welcome aboard! I'm glad you found what you needed. Just browse our forum. We've got a lot of information on other ROMs, ect.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maxim382 View Post
    Is it possible to upgrade to .211 from rooted .206 ? What should I do prior to that?
    Thanks
    Not directly. You can only get to 211 from 181. Matt's utility version 1.7 has what you need to get from 206 to 211. I don't have the direct link handy, but it's over at DF, follow thru from here [TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

You may be able to fastboot directly to 211 with version 1.8

Member #
    noob here with razr original with 4.0.4 ics....system version 6.16.211.xt912

where can i find a root for this gig

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times

Re: ICS 211 Root

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe665 View Post
    noob here with razr original with 4.0.4 ics....system version 6.16.211.xt912

where can i find a root for this gig
    Here ya go: [TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

Ads