Register

Install the ICS leak without Cheesecake and retain root

This is a discussion on Install the ICS leak without Cheesecake and retain root within the Droid Razr ICS Development forums, part of the Droid Razr Ice Cream Sandwich Forum category; Originally Posted by tnkrbelltink i tried to reroot and try it again and it says verification failed..any ideas? im lost..thanks in advance So, root is ...

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Install the ICS leak without Cheesecake and retain root

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tnkrbelltink View Post
    i tried to reroot and try it again and it says verification failed..any ideas? im lost..thanks in advance
    So, root is working? You have Super User and it's able to give access to programs?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexInChaions View Post
    I installed ClockworkMod awhile ago. Anybody know how to remove it?
    The easiest way is to go back to stock using Matt's Utility, or RSDLite. There's a thread around here somewhere that covers removing CM. I'll look around for it...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Touch screen sensitivity

I'm not sure if I am just not used to the touch screen interaction with ICS or what, but I find myself miss-pressing apps quite a bit. For example, when I am scrolling through the app list, I will hit an app I was passing over. Sometimes, it will be an app I could swear my thumb wasn't swiping over. It's more of an annoyance than anything. But, is anyone having a sensitivity issue or am I just clumbsy? I notice the problem occurring on Gingerbread but it's not as bad. I don't have a Zagg invisibleshield on it yet so the problem could just be that I am not used to the screen.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    I'm not sure if I am just not used to the touch screen interaction with ICS or what, but I find myself miss-pressing apps quite a bit. For example, when I am scrolling through the app list, I will hit an app I was passing over. Sometimes, it will be an app I could swear my thumb wasn't swiping over. It's more of an annoyance than anything. But, is anyone having a sensitivity issue or am I just clumbsy? I notice the problem occurring on Gingerbread but it's not as bad. I don't have a Zagg invisibleshield on it yet so the problem could just be that I am not used to the screen.
    Weird. I've had no problems with the touch screen, so I don't think it's that you're not used to the screen. I tested this and I scrolled through my apps fast and slow, and couldn't create the problem that you describe.

Member #
    I am pretty new to root but I have successfully rooted and installed Eclipse Rom on my RazrMaxx. I've been doing some research and now want ICS. Can I use Safe Strap to wipe and install the zip, like I did with Eclipse in bootloader, that I downloaded from the torrent only or do I have to use all three of the downloads from the link?this is the link I used to install to install Eclipes How to Install ROM on Rooted Droid Razr! | DroidRazrRoot.com also instead of going through the utility can I just recover my original stock backup rooted and then install ICS? Can you guys please help me do this safely?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Pea Flaps; 04-20-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    the safest, easiest and most reliable way to do it is through the instructions at the beginnong of this thread.
    "If a man have a strong faith he can indulge in the luxury of skepticism." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Member #
    Is Rom Manager(ClockworkMod) the same as the bootloader, I think that's what its called, in safe strap. The logo is the same and I would like to use safe strap because it just seams safer since it backs up my original ROM and doesn't remove it from my device just hides it. I want to do this just in case I brick my Razrmaxx by doing something wrong. Please help I would like to do install ICS tonight so I can start testing it out.
    Thanks All,

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Rom manager is an app that you download from the market that helps install roms. To install ICS you can not have ANY bootloader installed, including safestrap. You cannot use safestrap, it will not work. I am sorry.

Using Matt's utility, option one, sets your device back to stock, like day one when you opened the box. It is virtually impossible to brick a Razr/Maxx because we have this utility.

Now before you follow the directions in the first post, make a nandroid of what you have now. That way, if you do not like ICS, you can use the utility to go back to GB, root and install safestrap, and then restore your backup.

What you are wanting to do is impossible at this time. We've listed the right way to do it because it IS the right (and only) way to do it.
    "If a man have a strong faith he can indulge in the luxury of skepticism." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Member #
    Ok, if anyone can help Id definitely appreciate it. Ive done everything at least 5 times and still have nothing. Ive went through it step by step but everytime I open the file it restarts my phone but just goes right back to the way it was. It doesnt load ICS. Has anyone else had this happen?

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    First thing I would do is redownload the files in case the ones you have is corrupted.
    Last edited by reallyneatgirl; 04-21-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads