This is a discussion on Problems with the RAZR :c within the Droid RAZR Help forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; I've owned many smartphones in my day. Most of them Blackberrys. And I tell you what, never once have I had to seek help for ...
I've owned many smartphones in my day. Most of them Blackberrys.
And I tell you what, never once have I had to seek help for any of my Blackberry devices..
What a warm welcome to to Motorola.
(TL;DR at bottom)
I got the RAZR 11.11.11, the third hour it was being sold at the store, and I was ecstatic. My first Android device. All of my friends and co-workers have spoken about Android and/or have one. So I was happy to be able to bring the newest one for them to oogle at.
I've had no problems with the RAZR up until now.
The first major problem I've been having, is that the stock Music player, will crash randomly, when I haven't even opened it.
"Oops, sorry. Music has stopped working and must be force-closed!"
I'll get that error three times in a row, without ever even using the Music app. And then, it happens when I open Music app too, can't play music from it.
I've since installed Google Music, and it works great, being able to sync my music with my Google account. But I'd still like to be able to use my stock music app :/
The second issue, which may or may not be too bad, is I see black blotches all over my screen. When I look at a dark screen, while still being back-lit, I can see weird black smears, it seems to be behind my screen.
I don't really notice them unless I'm looking at a dark screen, but it's still concerning.
And the last "problem" I'm having, is that I have 2 friends that speak only French, so the RAZR auto-correct is really annoying at times.
(A quel heur? = A quell her?)
And I can't for the LIFE of me figure out how to turn it off. I know I turned it on somehow, but I've forgotten..
1. Music app closes continuously, without provocation.
2. Weird black blotches behind my screen.
3. How on Earth do I turn on/off Auto correct?
Anyway, much appreciated everyone.
1. Hmm. Dont know, you may have to do a factorry reset.
2. This is just something that comes with the type of screen on the phone. It is normal and shouldnt really be all that noticeable.
3. Menu, settings, scroll down to language & keyboard, (multi touch keyboard or swype) wichever your using. In there you should see auto correct or something similar.
4. Welcome to Android! And the best i have ever had the Razr! I made the swap from bb to andy bout 2 years ago, hated it atfirst, but after a few weaks i discovered andy is far superior.
1. I'll 2nd the factory reset option. It sounds like something may have gotten a little out of sorts and a factory reset may be the answer.
2. The black blotches is something i don't notice. It does exhibit the typical Pentile display characteristics of a grid appearance in white and gray backgrounds, though!
3. Language and Keyboard in Settings, look for the keyboard type you use (I use Multitouch... so "Multitouch keyboard Settings") and you can add other language dictionaries in addition to english. Or, you can turn off the various auto correct settings.
4. Welcome to the Forum and don't be afraid to ask questions! Enjoy your stay!
Sorry for stealing your layout Shizumie... it was good enough to copy!
Lol, no prob! Just glad my info was halfway on target.
It may be good to mention that the music worked when I got the phone, and it'll randomly start working on random resets.
And thank a whole bushel of apples for the warm welcome. Hopefully I won't have to come here anymore for help
It may still be worth doing a factory reset to see if the problems go away or not.
Don't worry about seeking help, we've all been there at some point. I too came from the blackberry world and wasn't sure I could get used to Android... but a few years and 5 android smart phones later, I couldn't imagine using anything else.
O yeah, lol just hit me we are all saying factory reset, and your new to andy, lol, sorry. Hope youve got it by now but if not.
Menu, settings, privacy, factory reset. In there there is option for internal memory and sd, i would do internal memory not sd (just my opinion). If for some reason you cant get into this option there is a manual way but we will only cross that bridge if needed (probly will not be). Also let us know how things work out for you, we love to help and love to hear success stories lol.
Don't forget... the occassional disaster story can be entertaining as well as educational! However, let's hope that you don't return with one of those just yet...