Register

Charging Issues?

This is a discussion on Charging Issues? within the Droid RAZR Help forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; I found 1 thread about having difficulty charging over USB, but mine has had issues charging for a standard wall charger. Here's what mine's doing: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    306 times

Charging Issues?

I found 1 thread about having difficulty charging over USB, but mine has had issues charging for a standard wall charger. Here's what mine's doing:

Using my old Bionic charger, or a standard Verizon Charger, it will not charge when you first plug it in. You have to turn off the phone while the charger is connected. Then it begins charging. Then you can turn it back on and it charges while the phone is on.

I haven't had this problem charging with a car charger.

Yes, it does eventually charge, but it's kinda of a pain in the bootie turning it off every time just to charge it.

Now: by using the charger that came with it, it works fine, or at least I haven't noticed the same issue with it.

Any one else having problems using a different charger? I have tons of chargers, so I really don't want to buy more, lol.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    No problems using different chargers including ones from the OG droid.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    I found 1 thread about having difficulty charging over USB, but mine has had issues charging for a standard wall charger. Here's what mine's doing:

Using my old Bionic charger, or a standard Verizon Charger, it will not charge when you first plug it in. You have to turn off the phone while the charger is connected. Then it begins charging. Then you can turn it back on and it charges while the phone is on.

I haven't had this problem charging with a car charger.

Yes, it does eventually charge, but it's kinda of a pain in the bootie turning it off every time just to charge it.

Now: by using the charger that came with it, it works fine, or at least I haven't noticed the same issue with it.

Any one else having problems using a different charger? I have tons of chargers, so I really don't want to buy more, lol.
    i suggest you use the one that came with it lol
    the root of most charging issues is using a charger other than the one supplied but you already knew that lol

in my experience, usb charging is slow, but works, as long as you arent tethered. tethered, i have never gained charge, but only maintained or lost depending on my usage.

i only had one issue with trying to use a non oem charger, last week, (i have had the phone since release) i tried my friends "lg charger", nothing happened, like i never plugged it in.
    when i got to my truck and the vzw car charger, nothing, so i rebooted and everything was fine.
    that was the first and only time that has happened.

all chargers are not made the same, and all usb to usb mini cords are not made the same.
    unfortunately, there really is no issue unless you cant get the equipment that came with the phone to work, as much of an inconvenience that may be.....

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    306 times
    So buy another charger made for the Razr, huh? Come on man. I don't want to spend more money! LOL I'll just keep rebooting. that seems to work ;-)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    im not using the razr charger, i really dont know what phone its from. its the detachable cable type, but i am using a moto cable.
    i also have a moto cable in my lappy i use to tether. one of the cables is from the bionic and one the razr, it doesnt matter though, the moto cables are the same as far as i can tell.

i would bet you could get moto chargers and cables on ebay cheap, i havent looked....

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    306 times
    Weird thing is, I plugged it into the discount charger here at work today, and it works just fine, lol.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    the main thing you want to check is the "mah output".
    @ or over 850mah is optimal for quickest charging, anything less will likely charge slow and could cause random issues.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    306 times
    Muuuaaahhhhh!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    306 times
    Sorry. Had to be done...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    306 times
    So I crawled under the desk. *YUCK!* (No on'es cleaned under here since this place opened in 2006...) and un-plugged the cable. There's no mAh. Here's what I got:

It's an LG Charger for a Chocolate. Part number STA-U32WSi The output is 5.1V (Then a - and _ _) 0.7A

No Muahhh ackem. Sorry. No mAh (Milliamp hours) listed on it, or when I do a search.

The other charger I have in my locker is the one that came with my Droid Bionic, and it shows 850mAh

Ads