Register

Maxx died?

This is a discussion on Maxx died? within the Droid RAZR Help forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; Hi, I have a razr maxx and love it. But, when I plugged it in to charge last night, the screen turned off and now ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maxx died?

Member #

Maxx died?

Hi,
    I have a razr maxx and love it. But, when I plugged it in to charge last night, the screen turned off and now it appears to be dead. The only sign of life is that the 4 'buttons' on the bottom of it are still lit up. It wont turn on at all, no matter what buttons I push. (the charger was the same one I have used since I got it. )

Oh, its rooted, but that was only done so I could freeze bloat. There havent been any problems with that.

So, I tried to activate my old X this morning, but it tried to force me to change my data plan, saying if I did that, I couldnt change it back.

So, any ideas on what I can do to bring it back to life, or should I plan a funeral? I thought maybe I would take it to the verizon store after work and see if they would replace it, but being rooted, I wasnt sure if I should do that or not?

I wont be able to read this till I get home from work, but any suggestions would be appreciated. I will check here before taking it back to verizon.

Thanks for any help.

Sierra

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Re: Maxx died?

Well being that its rooted the warranty's no longer valid. I believe there is a way you could do a hard factory reset if i find instructions on how to do so ill reply back.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    418 times
    Yeah, sounds like you're stuck on, not off. Hold the volume down and power for 10 seconds, it should reboot

Member #
    Thanks for the replies.

HD, I tried that it didnt work. It also wont accept a charge at all. Its almost like its just fried.

Parthtc, if you find that info, I would love to give it a try.

Thanks for your help.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    418 times
    Have you tried getting into bootloader, that's also how you do a hard factory reset. That would be hold both volume buttons in, while holding them, power on. Should get you to a black screen with white text. Volume down scrolls, volume up executes. You can do a hard reset from here, also get into fastboot mode to fastboot back to stock

Member #
    woohoo! That worked.... THANK you!! but I had to plug it in to do it. It eventually charged up, but is losing charge very very fast. (down from 100 to 35 in 8 hours overnight with no use) So I am guessing the battery got fried somehow.

I will do the fastboot reset and hope it works.

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by sierra; 11-09-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Ads