Register

People can't hear me

This is a discussion on People can't hear me within the Droid RAZR Help forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; When I get a phone call or try to call someone they can't hear me, I hear them just fine... Please help have no clue ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

People can't hear me

When I get a phone call or try to call someone they can't hear me, I hear them just fine... Please help have no clue how to fix this.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Try putting them on speaker and see if they here you then... if so it could be a defective speaker and you will need to call vzw

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, but hopefully we can figure something out.

The first thing I would do is confirm that the mic is not muted when on a call. When on a call you should see a mute button on the screen, make sure that is isn't pressed, or try toggling it while on a call. If that is not the case see if it works when switched to speakerphone... i've heard of some having this problem. If it does work on speakerphone, a factory reset "should" resolve the problem.

If the mic doesn't work even after a factory reset, I would contact Verizon and let them know as the device itself could be faulty.

EDIT: Sniped by Jwalz... That's what happens when I start replying to something and then get distracted.

Member #
    ok they can hear on speaker and it is not muted messed with that too... will factory reset take everything off my phone?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by angela316 View Post
    ok they can hear on speaker and it is not muted messed with that too... will factory reset take everything off my phone?
    Correct, a factory reset will return it to the state it came from the factory. Anything on your external sd card will be fine, but you will want to backup anything on the internal sd as it will get wiped. Your programs should load once you sign back into google and some settings should return as well.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    317 times
    Welcome aboard. Just to make sure, I'm not trying to be mean, you know where the mic is on the phone and your hand isn't covering it, right? My wife does this all the time.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Welcome aboard. Just to make sure, I'm not trying to be mean, you know where the mic is on the phone and your hand isn't covering it, right? My wife does this all the time.
    Lmfao yup been there done that....

If your familiar with the factory reset you can give it a go if not I would call vzw and they will most lily walk you through the steps and most likely end up issuing you a new phone ... had the mic problem with my wife's bionic .. same issues

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Are you on a ROM? Some ROMs have a Bluetooth problem that if Bluetooth is on and not connected it disables the external speaker. The fix is, of course, to turn Bluetooth off when not actively using it.
    "If a man have a strong faith he can indulge in the luxury of skepticism." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Ads