Register

Lost 4G connection after Razr Utility restored to stock.173? Baseband file lost

This is a discussion on Lost 4G connection after Razr Utility restored to stock.173? Baseband file lost within the Droid RAZR Help forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; I was messing around with the ICS installation in the above thread without cheesecake, it was all going well until i realized i forgot to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Lost 4G connection after Razr Utility restored to stock.173? Baseband file lost

I was messing around with the ICS installation in the above thread without cheesecake, it was all going well until i realized i forgot to install VOODOO keeper, anyway I used Matt's Droid Razr Utility to restore back to stock .173 with AP fast boot (files included) and when i started my phone, i realized it messed up my data connections. 4G was no longer connectable anymore, 3G is in and out. Checked Baseband, it reads CDMA_N_04.06.00R, the LTE part is lost. It should have been CDMA_N_04.06.00R LTEDC_U_07.1F.00. Attempted to restore via the utility again and again, same thing, baseband is not the same. no 4G connection. Any suggestions?

P.S IMEI also shows Unknown when attempting to check.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    418 times
    How about if you go forward to ICS, does it reinstall the radio? Since the ICS LTE radio is u8.17, I would guess the ICS leak would install the new radio.
    Also, I'm not sure how similar fastbooting is to SBFing, but I seem to remember if you did an SBF with RSDlite (on an X), it replaced the radio, where doing an SBF without RSDlite (the 1kds utility) did not replace the radio. So, you may want to try fastbooting with RSDlite and the fastboot.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDude View Post
    How about if you go forward to ICS, does it reinstall the radio? Since the ICS LTE radio is u8.17, I would guess the ICS leak would install the new radio.
    Also, I'm not sure how similar fastbooting is to SBFing, but I seem to remember if you did an SBF with RSDlite (on an X), it replaced the radio, where doing an SBF without RSDlite (the 1kds utility) did not replace the radio. So, you may want to try fastbooting with RSDlite and the fastboot.
    I didn't know the ICS had a new radio. my radio went bad after reverting I've cream sandwich back to .173 using Matt utility on razr. I am not familiar with rsd lite program method of flashing I have only ever used Matts utility and he said his utility contained the stock ROM file. which it did, I wasable to get back into it but just lost the LTE radio while going back. since you're methods won't allow bootstrap, how can I restore my radio for 4G?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    418 times
    I'm not sure what you mean by my methods won't allow bootstrap. The instructions say you don't want bootstrap installed when you're upgrading to ICS via ROM manager, but that's about it.
    I was just offering 2 possible things for you to try to get the LTE radio. I can see my ICS radio is u8.17, and you're saying your radio was u71f, that means ICS upgraded the radio, so installing ICSmay restore your radio, I don't really know.
    The RSD lite suggestion is also just a suggestion. I'm not as familiar with the fastboot process (a dozen times) as I am with SBFing (well over 100 times), so I don't know if restoring via RSD lite will make any difference. It does make a difference on the X, using RSD lite restores the radio, whereas SBFing with a utility similar to Matt's doesn't restore the radio. Again, I don't know if this will help in your situation.
    Here's a link to the fastboot files.
    [Fastboot Files] Gingerbread 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 CDMA Droid Razr XT912 Verizon USA - xda-developers

Here's the link to RSD lite and the Moto drivers, and instructions on flashing with it. It's not too different than flashing with Matt's utility
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1539192

Finally, since you mentioned bootstrap, ...
    I didn't think of it, but if you made a full nandroid before you did anything, perhaps a restore would fix your problem. Again, I don't know if the radio gets backed up in the nandroid, but it's one more thing to try

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDude View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by my methods won't allow bootstrap. The instructions say you don't want bootstrap installed when you're upgrading to ICS via ROM manager, but that's about it.
    I was just offering 2 possible things for you to try to get the LTE radio. I can see my ICS radio is u8.17, and you're saying your radio was u71f, that means ICS upgraded the radio, so installing ICSmay restore your radio, I don't really know.
    The RSD lite suggestion is also just a suggestion. I'm not as familiar with the fastboot process (a dozen times) as I am with SBFing (well over 100 times), so I don't know if restoring via RSD lite will make any difference. It does make a difference on the X, using RSD lite restores the radio, whereas SBFing with a utility similar to Matt's doesn't restore the radio. Again, I don't know if this will help in your situation.
    Here's a link to the fastboot files.
    [Fastboot Files] Gingerbread 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 CDMA Droid Razr XT912 Verizon USA - xda-developers

Here's the link to RSD lite and the Moto drivers, and instructions on flashing with it. It's not too different than flashing with Matt's utility
    MOTOROLA Tools [Specially for Noobs] - xda-developers

Finally, since you mentioned bootstrap, ...
    I didn't think of it, but if you made a full nandroid before you did anything, perhaps a restore would fix your problem. Again, I don't know if the radio gets backed up in the nandroid, but it's one more thing to try

I had to remove bootstrap by restoring to stock .173 using Matt's utility because I had clockwork mod in my system, and that was because of the bootstrap installation also by Matt's utility. Because if I don't remove the bootstrap, error occurs at 30% of the ICS installation,(I assume that's why you suggested no clockwork mod) just like another member have posted, and the installation aborts. After I removed bootstrap and restored my system back to stock .173 the very 1st time using Matt's utility, that's when the ICS installation fully went through. However it was only after I installed it, I realized I left out VooDoo before I installed ICS, so I went back and restored it again to .173, and that's when I lost the LTE radio.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I should wait before I mess with my phone again. Because of the baseband file not being LTE, I lost my 4G and IMEI.

P.S I had to take the razr maxx back and i was given a brand new one. Very nice of them, I was very happy.
    Last edited by codextooth; 04-06-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    Quote Originally Posted by codextooth View Post
    I had to remove bootstrap by restoring to stock .173 using Matt's utility because I had clockwork mod in my system, and that was because of the bootstrap installation also by Matt's utility. Because if I don't remove the bootstrap, error occurs at 30% of the ICS installation,(I assume that's why you suggested no clockwork mod) just like another member have posted, and the installation aborts. After I removed bootstrap and restored my system back to stock .173 the very 1st time using Matt's utility, that's when the ICS installation fully went through. However it was only after I installed it, I realized I left out VooDoo before I installed ICS, so I went back and restored it again to .173, and that's when I lost the LTE radio.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I should wait before I mess with my phone again. Because of the baseband file not being LTE, I lost my 4G and IMEI.

P.S I had to take the razr maxx back and i was given a brand new one. Very nice of them, I was very happy.
    Same thing I did. I forgot to enable the Voodoo root, so I had to go back and re-install today. But it gave me a chance to make a video of the process. I'm glad you got it working!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Same thing I did. I forgot to enable the Voodoo root, so I had to go back and re-install today. But it gave me a chance to make a video of the process. I'm glad you got it working!
    LOL I didn't get it to work, I just got the phone replaced. I'm not going to attempt this again until I do more research on how I can fix the radio issue first. haha

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    That'll be something to keep an eye on. (The radio loss thing.)

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    For what it's worth, same thing here... I'm going to shoot Matt a PM over at DF, but I think this is worth noting in some of the tutorials and threads about flashing the leaked ICS, at least until we know if the manual method through rsd will work.

I'm having to re-download the fastboot files as I've been using Matt's utility since early on (had issues with rsdlite 5.6 seeing my phone... never had rsdlite issues before, going back to the D1). I guess I could probably pull them from Matt's utility... Anyway, once that's done I'll try it that way and see if it fixes the problem. However, even if it fixes the lack of an LTE radio, I'm not sure how it could restore the IMEI?
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Ok, took me long enough, but the "manual" method with rsdlite works - restores the radio properly, and my IMEI is showing up again.

I've PM'd Matt to let him know.

edit: I must've been using an older version of his utility by mistake - he said using 1.51 will not have this issue and will work fine.
    Last edited by jntdroid; 04-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Ads