Register

Razr Stuck in Fastboot Flash Mode

This is a discussion on Razr Stuck in Fastboot Flash Mode within the Droid RAZR Help forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; Hello, need help! Hello, I have a Droid Razr Maxx (CDMA) and I'm in some deep trouble. I tried flashing the fastboot 6.12.173 file and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Razr Stuck in Fastboot Flash Mode

Member #

Razr Stuck in Fastboot Flash Mode

Hello, need help!
    Hello, I have a Droid Razr Maxx (CDMA) and I'm in some deep trouble. I tried flashing the fastboot 6.12.173 file and the flash failed. What's even worse, is my phone is stuck in the AP Fastboot. I tried holding the power button, power + down volume, power + up volume, and power + both up and down volume. Here is what the screen says:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
    0A.6C
    To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down.

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK
    OK to program
    Transfer Mode:
    USB Connected

I tried pressing the power button but the screen would just turn off, the phone doesn't reboot.
    If anyone has any idea how to undo this I would greatly appreciate the help!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    LOL. Just got done with someone else.

Welcome aboard! You have two options.

1. turn it off. Hold the Power Button/Volume Up and Down buttons at the same time. This should bring you to a black screen with white letters. If so, restore or factory reset should be an option. (You should be here...) volume down to it, then press volume up. Don't go past it, because volume up is the select here. The phone will reboot and then you'll have a yellow triangle with Andy and an !. Press both volume keys. This will take you to a blue text screen. Select Factory Restore and see if it restores the phone by using the volume keys to navigate and the power key to select on this screen. If not, then do the second option.

2. Go here and follow everything How To Restore the Motorola Droid RAZR Using Fastboot Files - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr

Member #
    OK, I've been able to get out of AP Fastboot, but if I restart the phone, that's the first screen to come up. I've been able to boot up normally but if I turn off my phone, the AP Fastboot screen will come up when I turn it back on. Any suggestions?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    417 times
    Try fastbooting again, use Mattigroff's razr utility tool, makes it simple, no RSD issues or anything. Follow the link through to get the most up-to-date version
    Root Toolkit for the Razr...

Member #
    Please help... I have the exact same symptoms.
    I am coming from an og. Rooted it as soon as I got it in early 2010. So I am very familiar with rooms and rsd . I can eventually get out of the boot loader by doing the above with the volume buttons. Its just annoying because everygime I reboot it goes go fast boot. I have more than one copy of the razr utility tools 1.4 and 1.5 none of them work with the phone. It keeps coming back path not found. I have tried to flash several different XML files in rsd but all of them fail. Any other ideas???

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Hi there.

Matt's utility acts funny on my computer...it will say path not found but since I was stuck anyway I selected 1 (as that is restoring to stock)...it worked. Then I followed the prompt (press any key 2 more times) and I was restored to stock. Have done it 3 times now...always the same way.

Not saying that is what we have here...but it is worth a try. If it really doesnt read your phone, nothing will happen.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire
    The GOTSTA Knows of the Razr Forums

Member #
    No I tried that right after it happened. I tried it with 1.4 and 1.5 I even hit the number to reboot into fast boot from debugging. All of the options say path not found. I tried it on my laptop,and desktop. None of it works...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    Did you try mine? Sometimes when you're having problems with Matt's tool, you have to switch to RSD...

Member #
    I used a couple different rsd files non of them worked I don't recall where I got them from. On one of these sites...

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    417 times
    It sound like you might have a problem with the computer-razr connection. If both Matt's utility and RSD are not seeing the phone and giving errors. You have installed the latest moto drivers, maybe try reinstalling them.

With Matt's utlity, make sure you've extracted all the files into the same folder/subfolder structure, and it's not on the root of the C drive.

Ads