Register

Not getting text messages.

This is a discussion on Not getting text messages. within the Droid RAZR Help forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; Hi all. New to the razr but not new to the forums (have used many sister sites to this one for other devices). Having issues ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times

Not getting text messages.

Hi all. New to the razr but not new to the forums (have used many sister sites to this one for other devices).

Having issues not getting some text messages. A few times from other phones, but specifically sending and getting ones from my fiance's MSN IM. Always could on my other devices, this one is just a no go.

Curious if anyone else has these issues or knows of a fix. I am rooted.

Thanks!
    I cut corners till I break it.
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire
    The GOTSTA Knows of the Razr Forums

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    317 times
    Interesting. I have never used MSN, so I'm sorry I can't help. Just wanted to say welcome.

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Thanks scotty! Yeah...it is so obscure of an issue that I wanted to toss it out there. lol, I just told her "text from your phone"...seems to be solid trouble shooting.
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Hi, I'm having a simular problem recieving text messages from my Girlfriend. She has att and has called them and complained and they state that the messages have been passed to verizon. I have talked with verizon and they try to blame att. BUT I KNOW its not att because i have looked on Verizon's site at my text message history and i can see where the missing message is in the history so verizon had to have gotten the message but not successfully pass it onto my phone.

any help would be awesome.

thanks daniel

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    My issues improved after taking my SIM card out, blowing gently in the slot, and putting it back in. Have not had any issues since. Might be chance, not sure. Still cannot do msn IM through text with my fiance...I get hers, she does not get mine. However, that is motoblur I think as I can to it when running a custom ROM.

Reboot after reinserting the SIM card

Member #
    If you are having trouble receiving MMS messages, I would suspect you possibly have smart actions disabling the cellular data when you are connected to wifi. You gage to have 3G or 4G//LTE on to receive an MMS. SMS sent to multiple recipients, I have found, are considered MMS.

Good luck.

Member #
    I have had the same issue with a colleague on ATT, and also with my wife (on the twin to my Maxx). I can be in a convo, send a couple of replies, then one I send won't be received by them. Or vice versa, I'll get a couple from them, reply, then miss one from them. It makes my not trust my texting. NEVER had that problem with my DX.

Called in on the Maxx, gal wanted to run a test to check 'provisioning' on my Maxx. She said I needed to call back from a landline, but when I did, the tech had me power-down my phone, pull the SD card, re-insert SD, then power up. Seemed to fix a few issues, but still not trusting the texting.

Ads