Register

How to route calls to voice mail only or block the number entirely ?

This is a discussion on How to route calls to voice mail only or block the number entirely ? within the Droid RAZR Help forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; I have , for the past week or so, been getting called from 302-731-1166. The recorded message claims to be from Bank Of America fraud ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By scottysize
  • 4 Post By noXcuse

Thread: How to route calls to voice mail only or block the number entirely ?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

How to route calls to voice mail only or block the number entirely ?

I have , for the past week or so, been getting called from 302-731-1166. The recorded message claims to be from Bank Of America fraud dept about suspicious credit card activity. All well and good but I don't have an account with them and never did. The account holder's name that they give in the recording is unknown to me. So I googled the phone # and came up with a whole thread here , going back years, of people who've been getting these same calls.

Called BOA, and with great difficulty, got to speak to a human being in the fraud dept. They never heard of this # and what the motive of the caller is I don't know. I guess if you call the # back they can do some sort of nefarious deed ?

So the question is, is there a way to block the call, or to route it to voice mail where it won't ring on my end ? TIA

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    Same number every time? Just go on the VZW website, login, and click on the block calls somewhere on the page. (Can't remember where exactly.) Verizon let's you block up to 6 numbers I think. The wife and I use an app called Zoner for this as we get lot of sale calls.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Save the number as a contact. Name it whatever you want. I have a "Spam" contact. Open the contact, hut menu, then options, then check send directly to voicemail. Any other unknown numbers I get, I save to that contact.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noXcuse View Post
    Save the number as a contact. Name it whatever you want. I have a "Spam" contact. Open the contact, hut menu, then options, then check send directly to voicemail. Any other unknown numbers I get, I save to that contact.
    Ya but then you've added a contact that you don't want. That's why Zoner works really well.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    What's one contact when you already have hundreds? And you don't have to worry about some 3rd party app collecting your contact info.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Deleted.
    Last edited by noXcuse; 03-06-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Member #
    12/26/12 Received a recorded message from 302-731-1166 claiming to be Bank of America and telling me to call Bank of America at 866-518-1695 for more information. I called Bank of America on one of their main customer service numbers (800-552-7302) to check it out. The rep (Kelly) I talked to called the 1695 number while I was on the phone with her and verified that 1695 is a valid number for the B of A Fraud Dept. Bottom line: 866-518-1695 is a valid Bank of America number.

Ads