Register

cant hear anyone speak, unless on speaker

This is a discussion on cant hear anyone speak, unless on speaker within the Droid RAZR Help forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; hi, suddenly i cannot hear anything if i make or receive a call only when i turn speaker on i can actually communicate, all volume ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

cant hear anyone speak, unless on speaker

hi, suddenly i cannot hear anything if i make or receive a call only when i turn speaker on i can actually communicate, all volume levels are on full. also my ring tones and all sounds seem to have halved in volume even though
    i haven't changed anything?? any ideas

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Sorry to hear (bad choice of wording..sorry ) about the sound issues. In this type of situation I would bite the bullet and flash it back to factory. If after doing that the earpiece speaker still didn't work, I would have to assume that the speaker probably went bad and take a trip to my local VZW store and see if it could be replaced. Of course you could also call into VZW support and see if they will issue you a replacement.

However, before doing all of that you may want to boot it into safemode. To do this, power your phone down and once powered down turn it back on. When you see the Moto dual core logo, press and hold both the volume up and volume down buttons until you see "Safemode" in the lower left hand corner. If doing this enables your speaker to function, then it is more than likely a 3rd party application that is causing the problem. From here you can try uninstalling any and all 3rd party applications that have been installed or just flash it back to factory by doing a wipe.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

It sounds like a hardware issue that might cause the phone to be replaced. You can attempt a factory reset just in case it is software related but if not, you would need to contact VZW to arrange for a replacement device...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Welcome to the forum sorry to hear about your phone. Let us know how you make out with vzw

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    310 times
    Welcome! Did this happen after installing an app? The easy thing to do is perform a factory reset first. While it sucks having to reset up your phone, this is the best way to make sure it's hardware and not software related. If you open your settings, then open Privacy, you'll see Factory Reset as an option. This does erase everything and make it just like when you got it from Verizon, so make sure you've got all of your stuff off the phone.

Member #
    thanks for the reply's, i think it is something with the ear jack? if i plug headphones in and jiggle it around it comes
    good for a few seconds. its like it thinks the earphones a permanently plugged in, maybe a lose connection??

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    310 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loffy View Post
    thanks for the reply's, i think it is something with the ear jack? if i plug headphones in and jiggle it around it comes
    good for a few seconds. its like it thinks the earphones a permanently plugged in, maybe a lose connection??
    Ear jack... completely missed that the first time. I thought you were talking about your phones ear speaker and loud speaker.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Then I would definitely have to say it's time to get a replacement. Even if you could get it working, I wouldn't trust the reliability for any length of time. Let us know how it works out for you!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I had this same issue a while ago. I downloaded an app that is now called SoundAbout and it instantly solved my issue.

Member #
    It's something to do with blue tooth. You're paired with a hands free device.

Ads