Register

email works sporatically

This is a discussion on email works sporatically within the Droid RAZR Help forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; I've had pretty much the same issues.... poor or inconsistent fetch on two pop accounts, no push from yahoo or gmail or hotmail. I tried ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: email works sporatically

Member #
    I've had pretty much the same issues.... poor or inconsistent fetch on two pop accounts, no push from yahoo or gmail or hotmail. I tried running in Safe mode, no real difference.

I just deleted the Yahoo account (added originally by choosing add mail, yahoo), then adding it back by choosing other. At least for the past 30 minutes, fetch and push are working.

Sure hope this gets addressed in ICS... as far as I'm concerned, this really makes the MAXX (other than great battery life) a POS.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    306 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Airboas1998 View Post
    I've had pretty much the same issues.... poor or inconsistent fetch on two pop accounts, no push from yahoo or gmail or hotmail. I tried running in Safe mode, no real difference.

I just deleted the Yahoo account (added originally by choosing add mail, yahoo), then adding it back by choosing other. At least for the past 30 minutes, fetch and push are working.

Sure hope this gets addressed in ICS... as far as I'm concerned, this really makes the MAXX (other than great battery life) a POS.
    For Yahoo, I use the Yahoo Email App. Try that out. I do not use the default mail app that came with the phone. I don't even have an account associated with it. For my personal email account I use Enhanced Email. For hotmail, I use the hotmail App. and for Gmail, the Gmail app.

Member #

Worked!

sorry I didn't get back to everyone sooner, but that fix did work. Not using the yahoo mail app seems to be the key. Now I'm back though.......yesterday it just randomly stopped working AGAIN. Both yahoo's again. Not using the yahoo email, using the "other" still. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling manually the accounts and still nothing. Only my verizon is receiving. Any recent issues folks are having?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisasha3 View Post
    sorry I didn't get back to everyone sooner, but that fix did work. Not using the yahoo mail app seems to be the key. Now I'm back though.......yesterday it just randomly stopped working AGAIN. Both yahoo's again. Not using the yahoo email, using the "other" still. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling manually the accounts and still nothing. Only my verizon is receiving. Any recent issues folks are having?
    Good to hear that this worked... yet sorry to hear about the problems with your yahoo mail. Personally I don't use yahoo for my email and haven't noticed any users having recent problems. What "other" email client are you using?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    306 times
    Have you logged in to your Yahoo Mail from a computer? The only time I've had problems with Yahoo was because I had to verify that I was I. The Yahoo Mail app always works great on my Maxx and wifey's Bionic.

Member #
    Thanks, FelsMaxx...I was having the same problem getting my Yahoo email to work with my RAZR, and your solution worked...thanks again!

Ads