Register

Auto rotate/app issues...

This is a discussion on Auto rotate/app issues... within the Droid RAZR Help forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; Hello. My screen will not auto rotate anymore after the last update. I used to be able to text in landscape and use the bigger ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Auto rotate/app issues...

Member #

Post Auto rotate/app issues...

Hello. My screen will not auto rotate anymore after the last update. I used to be able to text in landscape and use the bigger keyboard, but now it will not rotate at all. Auto rotate feature is turned on. Also, the Voice Command app opens upside down on my phone. I really don't use it, but when I opened it by accident the other day I noticed it, not sure that its supposed to open upside down as that wouldn't make much sense. I would appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    255 times
    Have you tried a hard reset (equivalent to a battery pull)... Hold the volume - & power button together for 10 seconds, the phone will reboot.

The only other thing I would suggest is a factory reset to see if that resolves the issue...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Read a post from November that said to power off, remove and then reinstall sim card, power on. Worked for me.
    smalltowngirl13 likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    Read a post from November that said to power off, remove and then reinstall sim card, power on. Worked for me.
    Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for sharing - that sounds like a better option than a factory reset since you have reset everything back up (I know they are necessary at times...but)...

Member #
    Has happened to me twice in the last 2 days and restarting the phone has worked each time. But I don't want to have to restart each time so I might have to try the sim card.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I just had the issue as well, a power off/on cycle cleared it up for now. I certainly don't want to keep rebooting my phone just to get auto-rotation to work. Does removing the SIM card really do anything to resolve this completely, seems odd that it would.....

Member #
    I'm having the same issue, just posted over on droidforums.net -

Rotate locks in portrait, will not go into landscape. Soft reboots fixes it for about 24 hours.

Anyways, I just remembered that the only new app I've installed in a month, was "Words with Friends" by zynga (1-on-1 scrabble game). This app only displays in portrait mode..... wonder if it's the culprit.

I may un-install and see if this continues, if not may try to R&R the sim card and see if this clears it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    213 times
    If this is an option, go into settings and then Display. If you have an Auto Rotate option, see if toggling it off and then back on helps with this issue. It may be better than restarting the device each time.

You'll have to excuse me on this one... I recently have put an ICS rom on my device and am having problems remembering what the Stock OS was setup like! I know that the rom i'm on has this feature... so hopefully the stock gingerbread does as well. LOL

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    When I had this issue, I tried to toggle the auto-rotate option, hoping that would kick it in, unfortunately it didn't help. I've only had this happen once, and a poweroff/poweron resolve it for me. No need to do a sim card removal, or a hard reset. It almost seems like the rotate sensor stops sending notifications or android stops processing them. for a specific mode works, as do any apps that require a mode. Its very odd.....

Member #
    I have tried all the methods listed here with no luck. power off/on, and removing/replacing the sim card worked temporarily. Toggling the auto rotate option did not work at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads