Register

Razr Maxx HD wont let me transfer files to my computer

This is a discussion on Razr Maxx HD wont let me transfer files to my computer within the Droid Razr HD Help forums, part of the Droid Razr HD category; I have tried to transfer files to my computer from Maxx and idk if its Maxx or the computer's fault but the computer takes forever ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert

Thread: Razr Maxx HD wont let me transfer files to my computer

Member #
    Liked
    36 times

Razr Maxx HD wont let me transfer files to my computer

I have tried to transfer files to my computer from Maxx and idk if its Maxx or the computer's fault but the computer takes forever to get the file transfer complete. Maxx's internal storage has 1 gig of free space and her SD card has 11 gigs of free space. I do a few folders at a time to avoid being overwhlemd by having to wait too long for Maxx to finish the file transfer. I have 10 usb cords for my Droids and sometimes it says that Maxx is disconnected yet she will still be plugged in. I am not happy with this Droid right now. I originally didnt want the HD but that was the only RAZR avalible. The M was there but the M is too small for me. I just got 3 new usb cords that Mum ordered for me. Havent tried them with my Razr yet. Any suggestions? Maxx is rooted with unlocked bootloader, running JB 4.1.2. and my computer is running Windows 8. If you need any more info please let me know and I will be happy to provide some more details for you
    Droidlynn X. Does "Droid"

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    393 times
    Hey Droidlynnxdoes a few suggestions.. Let me know if this helps.

1. Make sure it's an OEM Motorola cable.

2. If it's saying "disconnected" it might be a bad or dirty USB port. Try a different USB Port (if available) if behavior persists then check the connector on your phone. (Sometimes they get dirty or dust inside.. Which can mess up the connection.. Just use a swab with a little alcohol to clean it out).

3. When downloading files do not multi task.. Try downloading one file at a time. And that should be the only thing going on. Yes it's time consuming.. but it's worth it. (Multi tasking during downloads can create data corruption.. )

And if your feeling overwhelmed by the amount of time it's taking.. Just relax go for a walk.. or Watch your favorite TV show.. Leave the download running....Then come back to it later. Every time I'm loading files from my HD to the computer or computer to HD it takes a while.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    sorry for the late reply, had a busy week. When you mentioned about downloading files during transfer, are referring to Maxx or my laptop? As for the OEM cable I have 3 different Motorola brand usb cables, but 10 Droid USB cables total. I got so frusterated with Maxx that I decided to do an FDR because i get so impatient because it seems like im trying to do a million things at once. Im starting to really hate this Droid right now. I wish I wouldve been able to get the original DROID RAZR instead. That one is my favorite of all the RAZRs. Has a much better look and feel. Also Maxx had other issues including her stock Droid keyboard being deleted when the bootloader was unlocked which i unlocked successfully, and was way too laggy. Ive played with a few OG RAZRs and they seem to be less laggy than the HD is. i dont flash roms because I have no way of making a nandy of Maxx's stock ROM because I cant figure out how to get the recovery program to install on Maxx using my laptop. Usually I have no issue with modding my Droids. But idk why but I do. coming from a DROIDX the modding process is newer to me proably due to being able to unlock Maxx's bootloader, however I always have that fear of permantley bricking her. Also I am trying to flash the hacked version of the latest update so Maxx will quit pestering me about wanting to update. can you send me links to those info please? Thnks,
    Droid

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    393 times
    If you don't want to accept any OEM updates just disable Motorola Services.

uploadfromtaptalk1377405472322.jpg

When downloading files never multitask.. I've fixed computers that were messed up because the owners decided to do multiple downloads at once... This can and will cause data corruption... and fragmented files. Last time this happened I took the dudes computer... Kept him standing right there to watch me uninstall then reinstall all the same software 1-at-a-time..(nothing else going on)... And guess what... it took forever but his computer worked perfectly after that. I apply the same principles to smart phones.. Yes I understand flash memory is a little different.

Relax be patient and take your time.
    hillmom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    thanks. i disabled the OTA updates so my Droid will quit pestering me about them

Remove Ads

Ads