Register

Camera

This is a discussion on Camera within the Droid Razr HD General Discussion forums, part of the Droid Razr HD category; I am extremely upset with the quality of the pics on my new HD. Very grainy and not at all clear. At least the indoor ...

Thread: Camera

Member #

Camera

I am extremely upset with the quality of the pics on my new HD. Very grainy and not at all clear. At least the indoor shots taken with flash. Haven't taken any outdoor pics yet.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Motorola is not known for using high quality camera modules... To be fair, indoor shots with flash can be tough also on "regular" point and shoot cameras. The grain depends on the noise of the sensor, if the pictures are not clear it could either be that due to the low light the phone did not focus correctly or, again because of the very low light, the shutter speed was so low that your hand shake caused blur.

I never have high expectations when it comes to camera capability in a phone, I have a fairly expensive dSLR for when I want to get fancy with photography. But that is me, if that is an important feature for you, it won't be easy to find a phone able to take good indoor pictures.

Do not write off the phone yet, perform other tests, indoor and outdoor, in a variety of conditions and you'll develop a good sense of what realistically the phone can and cannot do. Even casual photography requires practice, especially when you get a new "tool".
    Droid Turbo
    32Gb, Metallic Black
    Cimo Wave Slim TPU Soft Case Black

Razr M Rooted
    16Gb PNY Class 10 Micro SDHC
    Fosmon DURA S Series TPU Case Black
    Miztech MZ 521 PDA Leather Holster

Life is too short to own a boring phone...

Member #
    Thanks for replying. It's not a deal breaker, but certainly feeds into my buyer's remorse! I had a HTC incredible 2 with a slim extended battery and it took good pics and had good battery life. But my company offered me an upgrade on their Verizon account and I went for the maxx.

It's certainly a capable phone and I am getting accustomed to the size. Still evaluating. Your encouragement is well received.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Glad I could help kenkay. I had a HTC too, a Aria. The best phone I ever had (before I got the Razr M ) I know what you mean, it is not good when you get a new "anything" and it feels like, while overall better than your old "something", some of the features seem downgraded. My old HTC Aria, for small, cheap and low-spec that is was, had a FM radio built-in, which the Razr M does not have (or at least, the chipset does have it, but for reason known only to Motorola, it is not enabled). Like in your case, not a deal breaker, but it annoys me to have a phone which is like a F-18 compared to a prop plane in respect to the Aria and still does not have a stupid FM radio...

Going back to the camera, something else you may want to try is another camera app. Within reason, a dedicated app may do a better job in processing the picture and make up for some of the limitations of the camera sensor and lens.
    Droid Turbo
    32Gb, Metallic Black
    Cimo Wave Slim TPU Soft Case Black

Razr M Rooted
    16Gb PNY Class 10 Micro SDHC
    Fosmon DURA S Series TPU Case Black
    Miztech MZ 521 PDA Leather Holster

Life is too short to own a boring phone...

Remove Ads

Ads