Register

Lapdocks Work!!!

This is a discussion on Lapdocks Work!!! within the Droid Razr HD General Discussion forums, part of the Droid Razr HD category; So I recently picked up the Razr HD Maxx... with a little hesitation as I had grown attached to my lapdock 100. However the HD ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By redtarget

Thread: Lapdocks Work!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    213 times

Lapdocks Work!!!

So I recently picked up the Razr HD Maxx... with a little hesitation as I had grown attached to my lapdock 100. However the HD Maxx drew me in and I couldn't resist.

Tonight I was sitting around and figured I'd just see if the connections were the same and spaced apart correctly for me to try the lapdock. To my surprise it plugged right in and in a few seconds my screen was displayed on the lapdock! The best part was that the responsiveness of typing and using the mouse is liquid smooth now. Before with the Maxx (non hd), it felt a little laggy and the screen didn't look clear. Now it's very smooth and clear all around. In fact I'm typing this up on it!

So for all of you lapdock owners that may have moth-balled the lapdock when moving up to the HD series, get it back out and enjoy it! You'll lose the tablet look you previously had, but it still looks great and is very functional! One tip would be to go into display settings and set the overscan to the max as it will display over the entire screen. Otherwise you'll have a slight border.

Guidelines of Conduct for razrforums.com
    Need help? Visit the help section: Help & Support

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    255 times
    Sweet find!!

I had plugged mine in while in my VZW shell case and it only showed charging and the lapdock screen was gray...so I figured it wouldn't work but after seeing this, I removed my case and it works!!! Yay!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    213 times

Re: Lapdocks Work!!!

If anything, i'm surprised that Moto decided to keep the exact same layout for the connectors. Most companies would have moved one of them a millimeter so that the old accessories wouldn't work. Sure, they did change the location so that most of the accessories won't work. However this was a very nice surprise!

I remember never having an interest in the lapdock until the firesale. For $50 it was hard to pass up. Once I started using it I realized how awesome it was and how helpful it could be. This brings new life into something that I had fallen in love with, only to contemplate shelving it.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    255 times
    I am sure they won't make that mistake again ...but I agree, I am glad it works as I was missing my lapdock ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    550 times
    I love my lapdock with my Razr Maxx. I use it all the time. Even better, I discovered that a USB mouse works with it.

When VZW put them on sale for $50 my only regret was that I didn't purchase 2 of them. My wife has the Motorola Atrix through ATT and it would work with her phone as well.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

Member #
    I'm thinking of getting a lapdock 100 for my RAZR MAXX, are their any known issues using the lapdock with the RAZR running ICS?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    No issues, Lapdock works great.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    550 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gdalonso View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a lapdock 100 for my RAZR MAXX, are their any known issues using the lapdock with the RAZR running ICS?
    I started using a lapdock on my Maxx and love it. It is particularly useful when traveling.

Something you may want to try is using a Smartaction when you set up your dock. When I first started using the lapdock I didn't like the way my normal phone home screen looked on the larger, landscape display. After trying a few things I loaded a separate home screen launcher (Apex in my case) that I have set up specifically for the lapdock display. I set up a Smartaction that configures the phone with the Apex launcher when the phone is plugged into the dock. Within a few seconds of connecting, the display is set up the way I want it to be.

After I'm done using the lapdock I just hit my home switcher and go back to the other launcher.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

Member #
    Hey I am more of a Lurker than poster, but I I have a Lapdock 500 that I use with my droid RAZR and I absolutely love it. This morning I dropped my RAZR and destroyed the glass. After reading this thread I see that the RAZR Maxx HD works with the Lapdock 100.....is there any reason that it would not work on the 500. I live chatted with Verizon customer service and he said it would but when I asked him more indepth questions he seemed to not feel a positive.

Thanks in advance for any help

Remove Ads

Ads