Register

Gallery Home page pics

This is a discussion on Gallery Home page pics within the Droid RAZR General Discussions forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; Hi everybody. This is my first post. When I open Gallery, my home page shows the first 6 pics in my library. Don't know how ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Gallery Home page pics

Hi everybody. This is my first post.

When I open Gallery, my home page shows the first 6 pics in my library. Don't know how it got there but need to change or remove.

Can anybody tell me how?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Welcome to the Forum! Lots of great people here!

To my knowledge there isn't a way to change it with the default gallery app you may be looking for a replacement gallery app to get rid of the preview. Unfortunately I haven't tried any others, aside from JustPictures which I've used for years to connect with my picasa account. JustPictures shows a folder list, but has a thumbnail of a photo from each folder... maybe someone else can chime in with a good replacement option!

Member #

solution

this may seem a little tedious, but hook phone up to computer. i got pictures that i knew i wanted, set the date on my computer back to a date before any picture in the gallery. you can do this all by going to my computer and time and date. for example, out of all pictures on my phone and sd card the earliest date created on a photo was one from 2010, so i set my computers date back to 2009 took those 6 pics, opened them in paint and resaved them. by saving like this they were now "created" in 2009. drag the new pics back into the camera file and the 6 collage pics will now be those pictures. i think THIS ONLY WORKS if you use timeline view which is what i use. i figured out that it takes the first 6 pictures (as long as you have no other connection or networks like facebook, photobucket set up) and uses those. set your computer back to normal date and youre all set.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    419 times
    Won't help your problem, but check out 'quick pic' a great gallery replacement, free in the market. It allows multiple differing views of your pic collection.
    Using quick pic, I found I could "pick" which pictures get shown in the preview by renaming them, with a zero in the beginning of the filename, so the pics I wanted came first alphabetically. This may work for the gallery also

Ads