Register

White light battery indicator

This is a discussion on White light battery indicator within the Droid RAZR General Discussions forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; new phone and was going to plug phone into pc with usb connector. Ran the battery all the way down on the second charge. Got ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By redtarget

Thread: White light battery indicator

Member #

White light battery indicator

new phone and was going to plug phone into pc with usb connector. Ran the battery all the way down on the second charge. Got only a white light where the battery indicator red /green light blinks. Was also unable to boot up. Plugged into wall and the screen came to life.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    I've given this some thought and think that you may have a bad battery... or it could possibly just need to be put on charge while plugged into an electrical outlet and not USB. Some USB ports don't trasmit the amount of power required to correctly charge smartphones.

There's a debate on whether or not you should run down these batteries before charging. My personal experience is it's better to just charge them when you can and avoid draining them below 10-15%. Another hobby of mine is R/C vehicles and I have quite a few LiPo batteries for them... most manufacturers and other R/C enthusiasts are very stern on not draining a LiPo completely down as it can cause damage to the cells that may prevent them from taking a charge. Not to mention the possibility of fire! However this is just how I approach it... this certainly does not mean that I am 100% correct. It is just how I handle these types of batteries and have had pretty good luck with them so far.
    MasterGadgets likes this.

Member #
    I have found that the white light is indicating some sort of power/battery issue. My razr would not charge via usb to computer when the battery was trying to charge from 15% or lower. tried power + volume reset, it turned on for a few seconds only to shut down again. then i used the original charger that came with the phone and pluged it into a wall outlet. immediately the phone turned on showing a battery symbol and said it was charging 0%... few minutes later i checked the phone, charging 5%. try charging on a wall outlet with the original power cord, if this does not work you most likely have a toasted battery.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinman View Post
    I have found that the white light is indicating some sort of power/battery issue. My razr would not charge via usb to computer when the battery was trying to charge from 15% or lower. tried power + volume reset, it turned on for a few seconds only to shut down again. then i used the original charger that came with the phone and pluged it into a wall outlet. immediately the phone turned on showing a battery symbol and said it was charging 0%... few minutes later i checked the phone, charging 5%. try charging on a wall outlet with the original power cord, if this does not work you most likely have a toasted battery.
    Welcome aboard!

Ads