Register

Razr Max ?

This is a discussion on Razr Max ? within the Droid RAZR General Discussions forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; I was at the verizon store just about to purchase my first Droid Razr..was going thru all the features and one of my biggest concerns ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razr Max ?

Member #

Razr Max ?

I was at the verizon store just about to purchase my first Droid Razr..was going thru all the features and one of my biggest concerns was about the battery life and that its not changable, etc..the guy there tells me that they are coming out with a Razr Max that will be a little thicker and will have a larger battery and longer battery life... So after not making my purchase, I got on the internet and searched everywhere for some more info and found nothing about it...so here I am now asking you guys..is there anything to this story or should I just settle for the Razr they have now?....thanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    There are other versions of the razr coming out overseas, though no official word for the US.

My guess would be that if such a device is coming it is months away if it comes at all. There will more than likely be a successor to the razr, what and when is anyone's guess.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by redtarget View Post
    There are other versions of the razr coming out overseas, though no official word for the US.

My guess would be that if such a device is coming it is months away if it comes at all. There will more than likely be a successor to the razr, what and when is anyone's guess.
    I would have to agree with this. Through searching a lot of the sites, I have read nothing about this phone that you were told about. That's not to say it won't happen, look how fast the Droid 4 is coming out and rumors of that just started not too long ago. They are pushing out phones so fast and close to each other now I have given up on looking for anything else. I got my RAZR, which I think is the best phone available right now and I am 100% happy with that choice. Yea I could have waiting until the G-Nex comes out or at least waited till the 15th so that I would have the time to trade this in for the G-Nex (though I don't really like the idea of that. Kind of seems like I am screwing someone over by doing that) but I know how I am and if I start doing things like that now when would it end.

I guess my point is that you could wait for this phone and see if anything develops or check out what is available now. Regardless of which option you take, there is going to probably be something coming out within months after you get your phone that is supposed to be even better. Its mind boggling how fast they are pushing these things out now.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dusilligaf View Post
    I was at the verizon store just about to purchase my first Droid Razr..was going thru all the features and one of my biggest concerns was about the battery life and that its not changable, etc
    That is certainly a legitimate concern & one of the main reasons I passed my Razr on to a coworker.

I was really hoping that since the battery is not user removeable/replaceable that Motorola had come up with a good enough technology that the phone would easily make it through a days worth of hard use. That is definitely not the case however (which I am rather amazed by), so I am back to my highly customized Droid Charge for now and will be trying out the Galaxy Nexus when that comes out.

I really don't know what Motorola was thinking when they released a phone with battery life this poor & no way to carry a spare battery with you??

~John

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
    That is certainly a legitimate concern & one of the main reasons I passed my Razr on to a coworker.

I was really hoping that since the battery is not user removeable/replaceable that Motorola had come up with a good enough technology that the phone would easily make it through a days worth of hard use. That is definitely not the case however (which I am rather amazed by), so I am back to my highly customized Droid Charge for now and will be trying out the Galaxy Nexus when that comes out.

I really don't know what Motorola was thinking when they released a phone with battery life this poor & no way to carry a spare battery with you??

~John
    i agree, they should have at least made the battery upgradeable for those of us who use the phone as more than a fashion statement...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    We have seen the Razr from China with the 13mp camera. Perhaps it has a larger battery. Incident ly, if you Google search Razr Max now, it points to this thread. Way to start a new vapor ware rumor.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    I don't believe it was the OP's intent to start a vaporware rumor. He was just stating what he was told at his local retailer. If he came on stating that he saw it, held it, but didn't have any proof of it existing... then it could be an issue. Until then, who's to say that there isn't one in the works?

I say no harm, no foul.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't see a Razr max in the future because it is a retarded name and Moto typically doesn't name things retardly.....I do see a Sliver coming down the pipe though....maybe that is his "max"

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Quote Originally Posted by redtarget View Post
    I don't believe it was the OP's intent to start a vaporware rumor. He was just stating what he was told at his local retailer. If he came on stating that he saw it, held it, but didn't have any proof of it existing... then it could be an issue. Until then, who's to say that there isn't one in the works?

I say no harm, no foul.
    I agree, I think the op was looking for answers... We have all had a vzw tech tell us something that may not be all factual...

The razr won't be for everyone, that is no surprise but I am happy with mine and that is what matters to me... LOL

I do know that the Moto Dinara is in the spotlight again... http://androidspin.com/2011/11/28/4-...-announcement/ ... Speculation is always fun but lets keep it civil so we can all participate...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    . Speculation is always fun but lets keep it civil so we can all participate...
    +100.

Ads