Register

Micro SIM

This is a discussion on Micro SIM within the Droid RAZR General Discussions forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; some of you may have several phones you like to use from time to time as i do, and the micro sim has put an ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bweN diorD

Thread: Micro SIM

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Micro SIM

some of you may have several phones you like to use from time to time as i do, and the micro sim has put an end to that.

well not really, i found a way around it

take the micro out of your phone and get a pencil or pen,
    turn the micro so you are looking at the brass (contacts side),
    take the pencil/pen and mark the center of the brass area on the side of the sim so you could see the mark on the side when you turn it over,
    now turn it over and extend the marks across the top (non contact side) so there easily visible,

take your other device and remove the large sim, (i dont recommend doing this if your device has a snap in sim slot like the razr, you may not be able to get it out, also look at your device and use your own judgement if you think you can get it out when you want to, i have done it on the charge and bionic),
    look closely at the "prongs" that contact the sim, there is a center in both directions, use a pencil to make a mark on the device if need be to help you,
    now slide the micro in and align the center marks you made on the micro with the center of the prongs in both directions,
    put your device back together and power it on, if you aligned it correctly it will work, it took me 2 tries lol

the micro holds in there firm, but if you drop the phone or hit it hard its possible the micro could move and you will have to fix it.
    i used mine like this all day at work today with no issues.

There are no problems, Only solutions
    nadjkovic likes this.

Member #
    when you cut micro sim the frame is left, so put again in frame that micro sim(doesnt mather if sim doesnt fuly puts in to frame, just make sure that no sticking corners were left) and put sim in regular slot and it will work. Or buy micro sim adapter to regular sim

Remove Ads

Ads