This is a discussion on Facebook app syncing problem within the Droid RAZR General Discussions forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; Hey guys, I have just had to hard reset my droid razr.Now i have copied the contact from my old phone and downloaded the facebook ...
I have just had to hard reset my droid razr.Now i have copied the contact from my old phone and downloaded the facebook app,the problem is that though the app correctly synced the profile to my contacts,the photos and status updates are not appearing. The option of setting the contact photo to facebook profile photo is not appearing. It was working perfectly before I had to do a hard reset.
I prefer not to use a third party app for a function which was working smooth before...
Thanks in advance.
From your home screen. Go to menu > settings > accounts > add account > Facebook. Enter your credentials and give it a few to sync.
Hey i hv already added a facebook account,even synced it.The common contacts now show a link to their facebook profile but the pictures nd others are just not updating from facebook.
Have you tried syncing initially with wifi enabled instead of OTA?
But my problem has been solved,just thought I'd mention what I did...mind you I have no idea if I repeat the same process if it will work...hv no intentions of trying either but here goes:
1. Factory reset your phone.(I know not a thing one would wanna do...but I did it not once,not twice but thrice...)
2. start by setting up the facebook account on social media app(the in-built one)
3. Configure the google account to access the play store.
4. Download the facebook app and sync contacts with the account added on the FB app.
At this point, the only contacts in my phone were friends on FB,cos I had configured a google account which had a total sum of 4 contacts(all e-mail).The FB contacts synced perfectly with all the information,the status messages also appearing when the person called me...
5. Finally I added the actual google account which had all the contacts of the phone prior to the reset.
6. The end result was that I was able to join most of the google contacts to the facebook ones...most of them the app managed to identify,the few it didnt I did manually.
And thus my problem was solved.
Might be that this a standard process that others follow,but I had a pretty tough time making it work....