Register

Trading my Galaxy Nexus for Razr Maxx

This is a discussion on Trading my Galaxy Nexus for Razr Maxx within the Droid RAZR General Discussions forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; Hey guys, I went through 3 Galaxy Nexus phones with the connectivity and call quality issues. Now Verizon is finally offering to trade it in ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trading my Galaxy Nexus for Razr Maxx

Member #

Trading my Galaxy Nexus for Razr Maxx

Hey guys,

I went through 3 Galaxy Nexus phones with the connectivity and call quality issues. Now Verizon is finally offering to trade it in for another phone. Had a rep recommend the Razr Maxx. What will I notice improvements/draw backs from the Nexus to the Maxx?

How are the Radios/Antenna on the Maxx? Any connectivity/data issues to speak of?

Thanks.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    255 times
    There are several who have swapped or traded to the Razr or Maxx & have been pleased with the switch due to a stronger signal.

Good luck & hope to see ya around more.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Just made the same switch myself. Data reception is much better. I am pulling a strong signal at home when I would barely get one with the Gnex. Wifi reception is better too. With 4G I am pulling it in 4G areas alot sooner than I would and in some areas that I could not even get 4G. At work I am getting a strong signal inside and sometimes even 4G. My Gnex would struggle to get anything.

Follow Me

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Welcome to.the forum... if you skim through the forum you will notice hardly any threads with radio issues.. and like stg said there are quite a few that made the switch.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Hey, sorry to dig up an "old" thread, but wondering for those that made the switch from Nexus to Maxx have missed ICS or had a difficult transition backwards.

I have been having call quality issues and Verizon offered me a Maxx ... I am SO torn. BUT, I need my phone to function as a [*gasp*] PHONE!

Thanks!

Member #
    I just moved off GNEX after a month and 3 days. The phone has to function like a phone no matter what os is on it. I couldnt keep my conference calls going i couldnt have normal converations it was just bad. I miss ICS but i really hope we as users of razrs now can push google to improve their timeline for ICS. Hopefully with the Moto mobility acquisition it will improve release times of the new Os's ICS 4.0.4 really was the most stable platform i ran with.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yeah, I was running 4.0.4 and noticed a difference at first. But, after time my problems began again. I unrooted and rooted it again yesterday hoping that maybe it'll "clean things out" LOL - silly, I know! This is already my 4th Nexus (first one "spontaneously combusted" - first replacement had AWFUL display - replacement of replacement had dead pixels). I am just afraid of trading replacing my Nexus and then they release come magical OTA that resolves the issues LOL

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    Hey, sorry to dig up an "old" thread, but wondering for those that made the switch from Nexus to Maxx have missed ICS or had a difficult transition backwards.

I have been having call quality issues and Verizon offered me a Maxx ... I am SO torn. BUT, I need my phone to function as a [*gasp*] PHONE!

Thanks!
    I miss a few features of ICS, but it is a fair tradeoff for better reception and data connectivity. And besides there is an ICS ROM for the RAZR now. It is a port of AOKP done by DroidTh3ory. Still needs a little polish, but for the most part it's fully functional.

Follow Me

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    I miss a few features of ICS, but it is a fair tradeoff for better reception and data connectivity. And besides there is an ICS ROM for the RAZR now. It is a port of AOKP done by DroidTh3ory. Still needs a little polish, but for the most part it's fully functional.
    Thanks for responding ... I am so torn LOL I'd hate to trade away my SGN and then have an OTA drop and fix everything

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    Thanks for responding ... I am so torn LOL I'd hate to trade away my SGN and then have an OTA drop and fix everything
    Well I ran several leaked builds and radios. Some that very few had access to. Didn't help my issues. I can't see a really good fix coming anytime soon.

Follow Me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads