Register

Many questions about razr function

This is a discussion on Many questions about razr function within the Droid RAZR General Discussions forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; I did search for some of these and stupidly can't find what I"m looking for. Hope some of these are easy ones for you guys ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Many questions about razr function

Member #

Many questions about razr function

I did search for some of these and stupidly can't find what I"m looking for. Hope some of these are easy ones for you guys or you can help me find the answers:

1) I'm hooked on T9 typing. I used qwerty in the landscape mode, but T9 in portrait on my old incredible. I don't see T9 on the razr as a choice. Did I miss it somewhere? or can I get it somewhere?

2) On my incredible I had the HTC Clock widget. I've found a very similiar widget in Fancy Apps. It looks almost identical, but me being so simple minded - I loved the animated weather on my old HTC (like lightening bolts during thunderstorms and snowflakes when it was snowing when I unlocked my phone). I don't see these animations on the Fancy widget but I do see there is a full paid version. I have no problem paying for it, but wan to confirm if those animations exist on the full version

3) Pictures - is "my gallery" the spot for photos on this phone? If so then if I donwload a messaging app (like Handcent) or whatever, when someone sends me a picture via text it's not in my gallery. I click to save and it says "saving to my gallery". Yet it's not there. I finally gave up and uninstalled handcent. which brings me to question 4

4) are there better text apps then Handcent now? Do any of "these" apps have the T9 option? Also any issues with where photos go when saved?

5) Smart actions. Great app for me when I'm at work because I always forget to turn my volume off. I have it set up by location so it takes the guess work out, but seems like when I leave work it does not go back to it's original volume setting. I have to manually put it back after the action ends. Am I missing something?

6) recommended preschooler apps? I had some before that helped lock the screen so she couldn't call Europe on me, but can only find a few good apps that she likes but none lock the screen up for you. :-/
    Thanks in advance! Love my new phone, just hate getting use to them!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    I'm pretty sure beautiful widgets along with he beautiful widgets animation package would be what your looking for. Sorry can't answer the rest of the questions. 1 is better hen none I guess
    Last edited by jwalz; 02-16-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisasha3 View Post
    I did search for some of these and stupidly can't find what I"m looking for. Hope some of these are easy ones for you guys or you can help me find the answers:

1) I'm hooked on T9 typing. I used qwerty in the landscape mode, but T9 in portrait on my old incredible. I don't see T9 on the razr as a choice. Did I miss it somewhere? or can I get it somewhere?

2) On my incredible I had the HTC Clock widget. I've found a very similiar widget in Fancy Apps. It looks almost identical, but me being so simple minded - I loved the animated weather on my old HTC (like lightening bolts during thunderstorms and snowflakes when it was snowing when I unlocked my phone). I don't see these animations on the Fancy widget but I do see there is a full paid version. I have no problem paying for it, but wan to confirm if those animations exist on the full version

3) Pictures - is "my gallery" the spot for photos on this phone? If so then if I donwload a messaging app (like Handcent) or whatever, when someone sends me a picture via text it's not in my gallery. I click to save and it says "saving to my gallery". Yet it's not there. I finally gave up and uninstalled handcent. which brings me to question 4

4) are there better text apps then Handcent now? Do any of "these" apps have the T9 option? Also any issues with where photos go when saved?

5) Smart actions. Great app for me when I'm at work because I always forget to turn my volume off. I have it set up by location so it takes the guess work out, but seems like when I leave work it does not go back to it's original volume setting. I have to manually put it back after the action ends. Am I missing something?

6) recommended preschooler apps? I had some before that helped lock the screen so she couldn't call Europe on me, but can only find a few good apps that she likes but none lock the screen up for you. :-/
    Thanks in advance! Love my new phone, just hate getting use to them!
    1) Standard keyboard probably lacks this mode/style. You would need to download another keyboard App for this. I use Swiftkey X but I do not think it has T9 style

2) Beautiful Widgets should have what you want with animated clock

3) My Gallery is the all-in-1 picture manager. Your pic may have went up into the cloud such as Facebook, Picasa, Google+, Dropbox if that is how your phone is synced or you may be viewing your Cloud albums and need to view the local repository.

4) I'm not really a texter, so no advice here

5) You should be able to check the active Smart Actions so it seems like it does't know your location. It may actually be a bug because Location uses Wifi to determine where you are.

6) You could always put a PIN on your phone or have a pattern lockscreen to handle security.

MYy 2 cents

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    Let me put in my 2 cents about #2. I came from the Dinc as well and I know exactly what you are looking for. The last thing I want to do is install yet another clock program on my phone looking for the HTC clock. Go into the Market and look at the BW Animation add-on. This is the live weather portion of Beautiful Widgets. See if this looks like what you want, before installing it. I think it might be, but I haven't installed it. There is a video of the program on their app page located here: https://market.android.com/details?i...mZvcmVjYXN0Il0. Watch the video and see if this is it. They show the wallpaper without the clock, so it's messing me up.

You'll need to install the full version first, however at $2.89: https://market.android.com/details?i...bHdpZGdldHMiXQ..
    Last edited by scottysize; 02-16-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I think the others have most of your questions answered, but I just wanted to add that I gave up on handcent a long time ago and moved to GO SMS PRO. Best texting app I've used. Loved it on the Droid X and have it on my Maxx already.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Hello and welcome! Looks like you have alot of help ...I second the Go SMS Pro app, very customizable and stable IMO. As for keyboards - I know that Ultra offers T9 function, Go Keyboard and Flex T9...some are free, some are paid but have trials or demos..

Good luck!

Member #
    Thanks so much for all the input everyone! Very helpful.

I have downloaded GO SMS Pro - perfect! Much better than Handcent.

Smart actions seems to be working ok for my work rule now. WiFi was turned off by another smart action. (fighting one another wasn't working well)

I have also downloaded Beautiful Widgets as well as the BW animation.....but am having a bit of difficulty finding how to implement the animation/skins/etc that comes with this. It told me download successful and they should be ready to use, but I don't see them. Will try a reboot an uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps.

Equake - one question on the gallery. you mentioned that the photo I could not find when I had handcent that I may be viewing my "cloud" albums? Never heard of this. Can you explain?

Member #
    Found the animation! The Beautiful widgets weather was only set up to animate when you click and look at weather. I wanted it to animate on phone wakeup/unlock. That action is buried in the advance tab. Good to go now!
    (If only I can find a damn T9 keyboard! I'll be set)

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Woot! Good to see you making headway!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisasha3 View Post
    Found the animation! The Beautiful widgets weather was only set up to animate when you click and look at weather. I wanted it to animate on phone wakeup/unlock. That action is buried in the advance tab. Good to go now!
    (If only I can find a damn T9 keyboard! I'll be set)
    Glad you got it working... I use the bw too and like it

Ads