Register

General Battery Tips & Tricks

This is a discussion on General Battery Tips & Tricks within the Droid RAZR General Discussions forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; Trash Can suggested this thread, so here are some general links on caring for and using your battery... We can update this op with additional ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: General Battery Tips & Tricks

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    255 times

General Battery Tips & Tricks

Trash Can suggested this thread, so here are some general links on caring for and using your battery... We can update this op with additional info that can help all of us...

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

http://m.gizmodo.com/5761317/how-to-...li+ion-battery

http://www.productiveorganizer.com/p...ion-batteries/
    dr_edwards likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Luv the links. Since the RAZR battery is permanently sealed some of the safety tips probably do not apply as much. And from Venoms responses, vzw is ready to support the new type of batteries in this device. I just remember all the fuss when the iphone came out with the sealed battery. I just hope that this phone will last a long time (2+yrs) with Googorola support.

Newport News, VA - (Verizon Wireless Sales)
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by equake View Post
    Luv the links. Since the RAZR battery is permanently sealed some of the safety tips probably do not apply as much. And from Venoms responses, vzw is ready to support the new type of batteries in this device. I just remember all the fuss when the iphone came out with the sealed battery. I just hope that this phone will last a long time (2+yrs) with Googorola support.
    Yeah the iPhone batteries appear to be sealed but they are not, if you know what to look for. I have changed six iPhone four batteries with tech tips they sent us from apple. I can remove a iPhone battery in under five minutes. Razr tech specs suggest similar removal.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
    Yeah the iPhone batteries appear to be sealed but they are not, if you know what to look for. I have changed six iPhone four batteries with tech tips they sent us from apple. I can remove a iPhone battery in under five minutes. Razr tech specs suggest similar removal.
    Good info. Will there be higher capacity batteries available for replacement? I thought 1800 mAh was big but with these titan phones its going need some serious Watt-hrs.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by equake View Post
    Good info. Will there be higher capacity batteries available for replacement? I thought 1800 mAh was big but with these titan phones its going need some serious Watt-hrs.
    No sadly not going to have a super capacity batt yet. No news even on the test bench for one. So 1800 might have to do, even with the power management software.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
    I'm feeling the same way myself, hoping that somehow the battery can be replaced. Thats the only hangup I have with this phone. Kinda waiting around before I go out and purchase one....My DX has been soooooooooo great in all around performance, Have installed many roms and never had a problem. 2 yrs old and time for an upgrade,,,,

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Yeah I assure you the battery can be replaced. We got the my docs on the razr earlier last week for taking it apart, and no it won't jeopardizing the water protection.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The manager at the VZ store said they are creating a magnetic add on battery for extended usage. other than rumor I have no further info.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Debian Dog View Post
    The manager at the VZ store said they are creating a magnetic add on battery for extended usage. other than rumor I have no further info.
    Hadn't heard anything about this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey all, re-posting a link that I found for a Site that's making a replacement battery and back for the RAZR, http://www.accessory...zr-battery.html , you need to go here to like or +1 this item so they'll get to making it sooner !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads