Register

This is a discussion on 10000000 within the Droid RAZR Games forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; This is the Free App Of The Day on Amazon today. It's a retro style game (graphics wise) but it's pretty neat. Once I actually ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert

Thread: 10000000

Member #
    Liked
    94 times

This is the Free App Of The Day on Amazon today. It's a retro style game (graphics wise) but it's pretty neat.

Once I actually understood that the moves you make don't stack or save up, and you only do them when you need them (like burn a key when you're AT the lock), it got much easier. I didn't really understand the point at first (who reads directions, right?), and I just tried to clear stuff as fast as I could.

Basically it's like a side scroller where you fight monsters and open doors/chests. Different tiles on the board do different things for you. Weapons fight the monsters, keys open locks, and resources (wood/stone) are used to upgrade the shops for your skills and weapons. There are objectives on each run that get harder as you advance through the ranks, and the upgrades help you accomplish these.

I played it for about an hour last night when I first installed it, and about 30 minutes this morning before work. I'm on Explorer rank, with a score multiplier of 102 and a resource collection of 6x. My top score is 2,143,085, and it appears the goal is to get enough upgrades so that you can score 10,000,000 in one run.

It's pretty addicting so far. Can't wait to see what others post for scores and such. (Robert )
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I'm also realizing that it's very similar in the way you remove things from the screen and have goals for each level to Candy Crush, which my girlfriend plays ALL THE TIME and I can't stand it.
    Twitter

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Lol I downloaded this a couple hours ago. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I love RPG's but the matching (or whatever) aspect has me worried.

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    It's pretty easy. It has a series tiles in a 7x8 layout, and there are 7 different types of tiles. Stone, Backpack, Shield, Wood, Sword, Torch and Key. You slide the tiles around on the screen to remove them in groups of 3 or more. You get bonuses for doing them in sets of 4 or higher.

The swords and torches are for attacks (melee and magic), backpacks give you items (I think), keys unlock doors and chests, shields give you..shields, and stone/wood are resources used for upgrading the rooms where you use your gold to upgrade your skills.

The key is to remember it's not a race, per se. You need to be quick, but it's not just about clearing the board as fast as possible. You character runs from left to right across the screen and the goal is to stay as far to the right as possible. If you get too gar to the left and run off the screen, you die. Monsters and obstacles (chests and doors) hold you back and in some cases the monsters can push you backwards.

Once you get up to a monster, you use a melee or magic attack by sliding the tiles together and damage is dealt to the monster. The tiles cascade down the screen and sometimes more tiles are removed. If more magic or melee tiles are removed in the cascade, more damage is dealt to the monster.

It's super addicting and I'm definitely hooked. My new high score is up to 3,052,070.
    Twitter

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Definitely an interesting game. Just got it from Amazon,... so.....I now own it... now I just need to find time to play it.... looks like a Mega Time Waster!!!! Just my type of game. LOL!

I'm totally hooked on Plants vs. Zombies right now,... I love it... I'm working on the Challenges. And I've been playing Clear Vision 1 & 2 lately.

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I felt like I was progressing pretty quickly at it last night, but it does get harder as you get further in a run. At some point the chests start having three locks instead of two, and doors have two instead of one. I did unlock a bonus which reduces the number of locks on chests, but I think I need to sink some real money into the weapons so they do some more damage. I usually have to get 2-3 hits on them to take out the lower monsters.
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    4,240,202 now. Just reached the rank of Dungeon Master.
    Twitter

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    It is really cool that this app requires no special permissions.

See what you did fury? Now I'm playing the game when I should be sleeping because I have to get up for work soon.
    fury likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    LOLOLOL. The addiction won't last long. I beat it in less than 24 hours. Love the game, though.

Twitter

Ads