Register

First Things To Do With Your New Razr!

This is a discussion on First Things To Do With Your New Razr! within the Droid RAZR FAQ & Guides forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; One of the first things I did was download Quickpic. It's a way better gallery than the Moto Blur stock gallery....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First Things To Do With Your New Razr!

Themer
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    One of the first things I did was download Quickpic. It's a way better gallery than the Moto Blur stock gallery.
    I make wallpapers and icons. Check out my thread sometime.
    http://www.razrforums.com/forum/droi...id-phones.html

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I rooted mine after I activated.

Member #

Cool SLOW!! Please help.

I have a new droid Razr, For some reason with in the last few days(a week or so) the phone has been running very slow.
    If there is something that you might be willing to help me with that would be great. Thank you for any and all help.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    550 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaygriffith78 View Post
    I have a new droid Razr, For some reason with in the last few days(a week or so) the phone has been running very slow.
    If there is something that you might be willing to help me with that would be great. Thank you for any and all help.
    You could try a couple things to see if it helps. First, download Cache Cleaner by JRummy and use it to clear your memory cache. Second, do a reset by holding down Power and Volume Down at the same time (usually takes about 10 seconds until you see the screen flash and the phone resets).

I try to stay in the habit of clearing my cache once a day and do the reset every now and then when I notice things slowing down.

If that doesn't help, you might want to review any recent apps you've installed to see if they may be the problem.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

Member #
    What are the different things being specific that you can do when you root your phone. Besides being able to delete the apps that you didn't use that often?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    229 times

Re: First Things To Do With Your New Razr!

Quote Originally Posted by emiliecathey View Post
    What are the different things being specific that you can do when you root your phone. Besides being able to delete the apps that you didn't use that often?
    My favorite part is being able to use custom ROMs. Not only do they make my phone more efficient but meet my specific needs better. There is also CPU control, custom themes, custom boot animations, ad blocking and more.

However, I can't stand bloat so removing apps that I have no need for is a big deal. For some (like my husband) stock non rooted is perfect for them. It is a personal choice to root, it is not worth it to all users.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads