Register

[TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

This is a discussion on [TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8 within the Droid RAZR Development forums, part of the Droid RAZR Hacking category; All credit goes to Mattlgroff and this is copied from Droidforums.net and this thread - [TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8 Droid RAZR Utility 1.8 Now ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    251 times

[TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

All credit goes to Mattlgroff and this is copied from Droidforums.net and this thread - [TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

Now includes the latest Motorola USB Drivers (install them before doing anything!) AND RSD Lite 5.7. As well as failsafe batches in a seperate folder if you are getting user-generated issues or computer-generated issues .

Functions of 1.8:•Fastboot Restore 6.16.211 (ICS 4.0.4 Official OTA Software). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.)
    •Ice Cream Sandwich Root 4.0.4. This root exploit by the awesome Dan Rosenberg roots our ICS 4.0.4. Have your phone plugged in with USB Debugging enabled and the USB Mode set to MTP or Camera. (If Devices still not found, please factory reset your phone for the root to work, this is of course if installing the drivers did not work).
    •Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App. With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
    •Install Bootstrap Recovery App (ICS version). With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
    •Install Safestrap Recovery App (ICS version). With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
    •Flash 6.16.211 boot img (official kernel). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.) [This option is to undo Option 7]
    •Flash 6.16.214 boot.img (leaked kernel). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.)
    Help! Blah blah is not working!•Read the instructions above.
    •Read the instructions above.
    •Read the instructions above.
    •Read the readme files in the Utility.
    •Read the 1.7 Help Thread.
    •Go into the chatroom.
    •Post in a help thread.
    •Please do not contact me directly your question has probably been answers a million times already
    But if you have to... then I guess go for it. I prefer email to Private Message: mattlgroff@gmail.com
    Download (md5 is: 6972C7F233883784928E53F562E4456A ) •Link 1: http://crackflasher.com/dev/mattlgro...Utility1.8.zip
    •Link 2: __________________
    •Link 3: __________________
    HarleyDude and redtarget like this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    Updated Moto drivers here - MOTODEV > Tools & Testing > USB Drivers

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    The way it always goes. Just did dl 1.7 last night to finally root ICS.

Follow Me

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Rooted after OTA to 4.04 and it went well. I didn't lose any data and am rooted. Nice job on this utility.

Can I run clockworkmod on this now? Can I flash via cwm? Thanks!
    Cheers!

-Serpico

ANDRAC - Android Rocket & Aeronautics Commission

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You may want to update the post because 1.81 is out. For those who have already downloaded 1.8, Matt made a small update with the necessary batch files. Replace the old files in the utility with the new ones.

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico View Post
    Rooted after OTA to 4.04 and it went well. I didn't lose any data and am rooted. Nice job on this utility.

Can I run clockworkmod on this now? Can I flash via cwm? Thanks!
    UPDATED: Answered my own question: [Recovery] Clockworkmod Recovery Touch 5.8.4.5
    Cheers!

-Serpico

ANDRAC - Android Rocket & Aeronautics Commission

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico View Post
    UPDATED: Answered my own question: [Recovery] Clockworkmod Recovery Touch 5.8.4.5
    Just be aware that Bootstrap isn't compatible with most ICS roms (if not all). It breaks certain things like the camera.

Of course, it you just want to flash mods to the stock rom, it will work fine

Safestrap is the supported method.

Member #
    After rooting my old D1 and D2G I am ready to take the plunge and root my Razr Maxx. I was wondering if I don't plan to flash a different rom I guess the option #2 "ICS Root 4.0.4" is all I have to do (I did the OTA for ICS 211) but if I decide to flash a different rom later I'm not sure what to do. My old D1 and D2G was pretty straight forward on installing a rom but my new Razr has "Safestrap", "Bootstrap", ect... options and I'm kind of nervous on what to do and how to do it. Right now I just want to freeze some of the bloat that came with the Razr so rooting is just fine but I might like to change to a different rom later. If there is a thread explaining some of the new terminolgy feel free to point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help you can give. P.S. I am using the 1.81 Utility program not 1.8.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bfederspill View Post
    After rooting my old D1 and D2G I am ready to take the plunge and root my Razr Maxx. I was wondering if I don't plan to flash a different rom I guess the option #2 "ICS Root 4.0.4" is all I have to do (I did the OTA for ICS 211) but if I decide to flash a different rom later I'm not sure what to do. My old D1 and D2G was pretty straight forward on installing a rom but my new Razr has "Safestrap", "Bootstrap", ect... options and I'm kind of nervous on what to do and how to do it. Right now I just want to freeze some of the bloat that came with the Razr so rooting is just fine but I might like to change to a different rom later. If there is a thread explaining some of the new terminolgy feel free to point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help you can give. P.S. I am using the 1.81 Utility program not 1.8.
    You're right, you can root using option 2.

All ICS roms are only supported using Safestrap 2.0, so you'll want to use that. Its pretty similar to how bootstrap worked on your D2G. Only difference in using it is that you install the app and select install recovery. Then you can reboot the phone and hit the menu button when the safestrap screen comes up.

Once in safestrap recovery, toggle safe mode (don't do quick toggle). Then you can wipe data and install a rom just like you could with Bootstrap. But if you have any problems, or just want to go back to stock, you can always toggle safe to unsafe system and you'll be back to the stock rom.

Member #
    Ok I'll give it a try. If I have problems you might hear from me again. Thanks for your help.

Ads