This is a discussion on Best 5 Apps to improve Razr within the Droid RAZR Apps forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; Now we are 30 days into our favorite phone, I would like to see what apps are being used successfully to improve use and function ...
Now we are 30 days into our favorite phone,
I would like to see what apps are being used
successfully to improve use and function of
the Razr. Please explain what they do.
I would particularly like to see help with
the camera and music functions.
Here is my list of apps that I use
1. > Camera 360 (Works like it does on the Prime but with better resolution)
2. > Go launcher ex ( Amazing for a more custom look with Widgets and themes)
3. > Go launcher SMS ( Better than stock)
4. > Titanium Backup Pro ( A must for any rooted device for restoring)
5. > Fancy Widgets Pro ( Weather, Clock, themes Battery very customizable)
These are the apps I use on my Razr enjoy .
I'm gonna have to look at camera 360.
1. Launcher Pro- Getting the RAZR and forgetting that LP is what gave me landscape homescreens and a scrolling dock bar on my eris. I was lost on the stock home. Customizable rows and columns, resizable widgets
2. Equalizer (Smart Android Apps, LLC)- Got it today, free ver.. 5-band EQ, 10 presets, bass boost. Works with stock music. Made streaming from the Music app> bluetooth > headunit sound even better.
3. Audiomanager (Same Dev)- Makes managing volumes easier. Alarm, media, alerts, ringer, system, and voice all in one place. Widget for quick viewing.
4. Best App for DIY Mechanics- Torque OBD2 scanner.. Reads Check engine codes, looks them up, clears them. Displays a ton of data from the cars computer ( specific data varies by vehicle.) Choose different display types, customize numerous screens. The app is 5 dollars, it requires a small bluetooth adapter to retrieve info from the ecu, Price ranges with quality, but well worth it. Dev listens to problems and solves promptly, always new features.
I find tibu a waste now....I use app extractor. Pulls apps, data, call log, SMS log....and more....straight out of nandroid backups aka cwm
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
RT's top 5 in no particular order...
Adw launcher - customizable to the T! Go launcher is a nice alternative!
Criticall - overrides the sound profile for incoming calls from the contacts you select. You can adjust all sound and notification options for the contacts chosen. No more forgetting to turn sounds back on after a meeting and missing an important call!
Tapatalk - the easiest way to browse various forums. The browser works fine, but tapatalk streamlines it.
Camera zoom fx - seems to focus quicker and has more options than the default cameras.
GO SMS pro - much more customizable SMS app. Lots of features... almost too many as the list grows with each update.
PlayerPro: Pay app. I came from apple, I loved their all in 1 iPod app with a simple interface. PlayerPro has a very similar setup. It lacks a few features, but imo it makes up for it with the integrated video player. Also the UI is fantastic.
Go Launcher EX: Free Launcher. Tried all the others besides ADW, I found Go Launcher EX to be updated the most, lots of features and plugins, and not slow down anything.
Folder organizer: Pay app. This is a matter of preference. SIMI folder(free) AFAIK, can't let you change the number of rows above two, which was a dealbreaker for me. Folder Organizer isn't quite as good as Simi if you ask me (Folder Organizer over-complicated it) but like I said, I wanted the extra rows.
Go SMS Pro: Free app. An all around better SMS app. It just does everything better.
Dolphin Browser HD: Free app. Feature packed browser with many addons. Just the best overall. But get Opera Mini if you're low on data. Opera Mini puts everything through a proxy server that downsizes everything to the size of the cell phone screen to save data. It's also very quick.
Here is my list. I also included some others that I like that came with the phone and some that I bought from the market.
Apps Helping my Phone run better...
1. Verizon WiFi Auto-On - the app is free and will turn your wifi on and off when you reach a specific location, i.e. Home, work. Having this has helped with battery life and for my Smart Actions where WiFi needs to be on in order for them to work.
2. Handcent SMS - very customizable and FREE. I set my up to be my favorite Football Team Colors...
3. My data Manager Free - this is to track your data usage via 4g LTE/3g network and track usage for WiFi. This helps identify what apps are eating up data affecting your allotment if you do not have an unlimited data plan. I have a unlimited data plan but wanted to know what app was eating up huge amounts of data when I was not using the phone. It was the My Music app that came installed on the phone, I use Motocast.
4. ADW Launcher EX - home launcher alterative. I picked this up when it was 10 cents a few weeks ago when Google did their Billion App Campaign. Liking it so far and have even installed it on my XOOM....
5. MotoPrint - this provides the ability to connect to your wireless printer or a network shared printer so printing from the phone can be done instead of e-mailing to yourself at home and having to log into your computer to print a file.
Here are a few others I like and some I used on my OG Droid
1. Barcode Scanner + Movie Free - I use this combo to track all my Movies I have. I have the Free version of both but am thinking of buying Move Free so that I can export to a cvs file to manipulate in EXCEL.
2. Tune In Radio - Love this app. I can get radio stations from all over the world along with stations I cannot get locally due to reception problems.
3. Jenga - got this game when it was 10 cents. itís like the real game.
4. Shazam - like this app when I first got my OG Droid and then I rooted it and lost the free unlimited version. I got the full version for 10 cents... Like what they have done since I last used it in mid 2010.
5. Speed Test - so I can show my AT&T iPhone Fan of a neighbor that my phone is faster then his. I know he is now upset, but he will not show it...
I also like the built in app that came with the phone.
1. Smart Actions - using this to help with battery life and to turn cell data on and off depending if I am in the car using Bluetooth, at home on WiFi, while sleeping. Just using this app has gotten me hours upon hours of battery life when using the phone moderately.
2. NFL Mobile - I know you can download form market but it was pre-installed and I am liking it. Can't wait till Super Bowl...
3. My Music - using this with MotoCast to get Music off my PC wirelessly either by WiFi or 4G LTE
4. My Files - same as My Music, this gets me access to all my files I have shared on my PC with MotoCast
5. Slacker Radio - self explained in the name. I am kind of liking this app better then Pandora
6. Task Manager - to kill available apps that I do not use at all. Seems to work
7. Voice Commands - not as good as Siri on iPhone but heck work good for me...
8. Madden MFL 12 - bought this app so that I did not have to play with 2 2010/2011 Super Bowl Teams, not a big Packer or Steeler fan....I wanted to be able to play them and beat them...ha ha
Last edited by jrmdroid; 12-23-2011 at 10:45 PM.