Register

Launchers - What's your favorite and why?

This is a discussion on Launchers - What's your favorite and why? within the Droid RAZR Apps forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; I'm using adw ex. I'd love to use the stock blur but I hate the screen transitions when swiping screens. Wish it would just slide....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Launchers - What's your favorite and why?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm using adw ex. I'd love to use the stock blur but I hate the screen transitions when swiping screens. Wish it would just slide.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash View Post
    I'm using adw ex. I'd love to use the stock blur but I hate the screen transitions when swiping screens. Wish it would just slide.
    I know what you mean about the stock transitions. I wasn't thrilled with them myself. They felt a bit unrefined to me. But, this is coming from a guy who was running Sense 3.5 on his Thunderbolt a few days ago. Beautiful, smooth carousel action there. Anyway, I own full versions of LPP and ADW but, this past few months, I've grown quite fond of GO Launcher. It is every bit as feature rich as the paid versions of the other launchers, but entirely free. It has a ton of theme options, ranging from free to cheap and, has one hell of a Dev team working diligently to improve their vast array of free apps. They seem to make their money solely on the paid themes they release themselves. But, if you haven't tried the GO products, don't hesitate when the chance arises. They're all top notch. And if you find one that isn't quite there yet, you can rest assured it will be soon. I know I sound like I work for them. I used to say the same thing to the guy who talked me into giving them a go. I promise though, I'm nothing more than an end user.
    Last edited by c_live_lee; 05-25-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    213 times
    Quote Originally Posted by c_live_lee View Post
    I know what you mean about the stock transitions. I wasn't thrilled with them myself. They felt a bit unrefined to me. But, this is coming from a guy who was running Sense 3.5 on his Thunderbolt a few days ago. Beautiful, smooth carousel action there. Anyway, I own full versions of LPP and ADW but, this past few months, I've grown quite fond of GO Launcher. It is every bit as feature rich as the paid versions of the other launchers, but entirely free. It has a ton of theme options, ranging from free to cheap and, has one hell of a Dev team working diligently to improve their vast array of free apps. They seem to make their money solely on the paid themes they release themselves. But, if you haven't tried the GO products, don't hesitate when the chance arises. They're all top notch. And if you find one that isn't quite there yet, you can rest assured it will be soon. I know I sound like I work for them. I used to say the same thing to the guy who talked me into giving them a go. I promise though, I'm nothing more than an end user.
    Welcome to the forum!

It isn't hard to sound like you work for a company that has a product that you like. Besides, you're promoting a free product that isn't harmful!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by redtarget View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

It isn't hard to sound like you work for a company that has a product that you like. Besides, you're promoting a free product that isn't harmful!
    That's true! And thanks for the welcome.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    Luving the stock blur, I kept it for a month seeing what it was supposed to be on the x. Got bored, went back to go.the amount of customization from go is still awesome in its own right. I've used other launchers, but I always go back to go with either steel blue or blood red themes. Enjoyed them on my x with cm theme changer. Looking forward to trying nova when ics ota comes and I get bored with it. I got shell when it came out , but it was so laggy, I didn't like it.
    SPB Shell works very smooth now, especially on a device with a dual core processor.

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    I use ADW, but I don't really have a reason. I installed it to adjust the number of rows/columns on my DX because the icons were much too far apart to my liking (coming from a Blackberry). I've never had an issue with it, so I've never tried any others.
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Member #
    I've had my RazrMaxx for about two months and am very pleased with it. I recently tried GO Launcher EX for about a week and loved it. That said, I found it to be a battery hog. With normal use I never need to charge my Maxx until I plug it in at bedtime around midnight, and by then it's usually at 40 to 50 percent. While us GO Launcher EX it consistently hit 20 to 30 percent by around 5 pm. This had never happened before. All the features of GO Launcher EX are very nice, but to me it's just not worth the loss of my awesome battery life. After uninstall, battery life is back to normal.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    393 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    I've had my RazrMaxx for about two months and am very pleased with it. I recently tried GO Launcher EX for about a week and loved it. That said, I found it to be a battery hog. With normal use I never need to charge my Maxx until I plug it in at bedtime around midnight, and by then it's usually at 40 to 50 percent. While us GO Launcher EX it consistently hit 20 to 30 percent by around 5 pm. This had never happened before. All the features of GO Launcher EX are very nice, but to me it's just not worth the loss of my awesome battery life. After uninstall, battery life is back to normal.
    +1

I love Go Launcher EX but I also found it to be a battery hog.

I'm perfectly fine with the stock launcher, at the end of the day with heavy use my battery is around 50%.

The only launcher I'm using right now is Circle Launcher which is very basic just for launching apps, and is a simple way to clean up the home screen.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I like apex because its fast, doesn't hog memory and is easily customizable.

Go Launcher is a major memory hog on my X and my Razr

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Most Popular Android Launcher: Go Launcher EX

Lifehacker had a reader poll and picked Go Launcher EX
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads