Register

Launchers - What's your favorite and why?

This is a discussion on Launchers - What's your favorite and why? within the Droid RAZR Apps forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; GoLauncher right now for me too. I loved ADW but it kept force closing on me when I had it on my DX. I finally ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Launchers - What's your favorite and why?

Themer
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    GoLauncher right now for me too. I loved ADW but it kept force closing on me when I had it on my DX. I finally broke down and tried Golauncher. When I got the Razr I gave ADW another try. The first time it crashed on me I put Go back on. I'd love to work with someone to make some themes for Golauncher. I could do all the art( wallpapers, icons, etc.) I would just need someone to help me make it all into a theme a.p.k. Heck... if the mods/admins could help hook me up with the right person I would be willing to make the first few themes to there liking.

Themer
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    I know that there is a lot of "razr " themes for Go but not an official razrforums.com theme!!
    scottysize likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    424 times
    another vote for Go on GB and Apex on ICS

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    255 times
    I have Go Launcher EX installed as well...however, since I am running an ICS ROM currently I also use Nova Launcher (only will work on ICS ROMs currently)...

Nova offers a variety of customization and is a step above the stock launcher for ICS... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Nova seemed more responsive as well, IMO.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire
    The GOTSTA Knows of the Razr Forums

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    I used Go Launcher EX on my Bionic, Galaxy S1 and S2. It's the best one out there and should be paid for IMO, but it's free. Go Dev Team makes their money by charging for wicked awesome themes for there Widgets, Go SMS app, and Go Launcher EX which is an awesome idea, since they put all the best things in their launchers... as many homescreens as you want, drag and drop to make files, awesome screen transitions, hiding task bar and dock... I mean everything ADW and Launcher Pro does it does.

I don't use it on my RAZR Maxx and the reason why is that I can't use the Motorola Widgets in any other Launcher but the Motorola Home, and I am in love with all of the updated widgets RAZR gets that my Bionic didn't get. I really wish I could hide the task bar, but to me the pro's outweigh the cons for RAZR. I don't even use GO SMS anymore because I have the black screen again. I'm sure there will come a time when I get tired of the way my device looks and go back with GO, but as of right now my RAZR is new and I'm thoroughly enjoying the new UI.
    redtarget likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    213 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jus-X View Post
    I used Go Launcher EX on my Bionic, Galaxy S1 and S2. It's the best one out there and should be paid for IMO, but it's free. Go Dev Team makes their money by charging for wicked awesome themes for there Widgets, Go SMS app, and Go Launcher EX which is an awesome idea, since they put all the best things in their launchers... as many homescreens as you want, drag and drop to make files, awesome screen transitions, hiding task bar and dock... I mean everything ADW and Launcher Pro does it does.

I don't use it on my RAZR Maxx and the reason why is that I can't use the Motorola Widgets in any other Launcher but the Motorola Home, and I am in love with all of the updated widgets RAZR gets that my Bionic didn't get. I really wish I could hide the task bar, but to me the pro's outweigh the cons for RAZR. I don't even use GO SMS anymore because I have the black screen again. I'm sure there will come a time when I get tired of the way my device looks and go back with GO, but as of right now my RAZR is new and I'm thoroughly enjoying the new UI.
    I have to agree with you with just about everything you said! I understand that Blur wasn't well received when it first launched, but the version on the Razr is very smooth and has a lot of nifty features. Good to see another positive post about the stock launcher!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Using Go Launcher myself. First launcher I ever tried, and I love it.. I'm using the Tron Legacy theme for home, and also use Fancy widgets pro, Elixir2, and Swiftkey X to finish out my customization.. I was occasionally getting lag when switching homesceens, but that hasn't happened in awhile, so I think they fixed whatever was causing that in an update. The almost unlimited customization options and the lack of errors has made me a diehard Go Launcher fan, and I don't forsee myself switching anytime soon
    HTC Droid Incredible(Backup)
    HTC Thunderbolt (Junk)
    Nook Color (Rooted)
    Motorola Droid X2 (Trade-in)
    Motorola Droid RAZR (Current)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Go launcher on maxx ics leak

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Luving the stock blur, I kept it for a month seeing what it was supposed to be on the x. Got bored, went back to go.the amount of customization from go is still awesome in its own right. I've used other launchers, but I always go back to go with either steel blue or blood red themes. Enjoyed them on my x with cm theme changer. Looking forward to trying nova when ics ota comes and I get bored with it. I got shell when it came out , but it was so laggy, I didn't like it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads